Legacy -The 2022 Season-

Legacy

Another freezer filler today! Had some cool patterning on the legs. Opening day of gun is one of my favorite days of the year. The camaraderie, tradition, texts and chats back and forth with friends, and the deer that get taken all just come together for one great day. Another one in the books and I’m already looking forward to the next one. Congrats to everyone who scored today! I saw a lot of great bucks hit the ground today 💪🏼

C15B15D7-5115-4D8E-B9EF-3EB7559421C2.jpeg

1D516E36-1F1D-43E7-ACC6-1ED6798E4C02.jpeg

• Like 3

Made it home Thursday from a 12 day trip to Nebraska with my brother and our dogs. We made the most of every day hunting waterfowl, pheasants and mule deer. I killed this buck on opening day and my brother killed his first muley on Monday. His buck was wounded and he was happy to harvest it rather than feed the coyotes. Lots of great meat and a boat load of memories.Screenshot_20221112-175155_Gallery.jpg20221114_125442.jpg20221111_144626.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 8

Hunted with the same guys I fished the Sandy Creek Shootout with. I saw over 20 deer opening day with at least 8 bucks I passed up for hopes at one of the 3 bigger ones we have on camera. Changed my spot for Sunday and it paid off. He was with 2 does and luckily only ran 20 yards. One thing I love about hunting is the memories busting balls with the guys and friendships. Love hunting and fishing with friends, a deer or a fish is a bonus. 

FBC2F4B4-3207-4FF6-B548-35458428EC68.jpeg

• Like 16

On 11/19/2022 at 5:49 PM, whaler1 said:

Careful Vince, you might make him smile. 

There's two situations when he smiles ear to ear non stop  1) when he's taking our money at a tourney due to a high placing 2) When he's sitting in an all inclusive with his bride by his side and a drink in his hand.  All other days they come out begrudgingly.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Capt Vince Pierleoni said:

There's two situations when he smiles ear to ear non stop  1) when he's taking our money at a tourney due to a high placing 2) When he's sitting in an all inclusive with his bride by his side and a drink in his hand.  All other days they come out begrudgingly.

Tough to argue with that!

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 12:30 PM, Capt Vince Pierleoni said:

So true

So I got a question for anyone I shot a big buck this evening with my new cva optima I mostly hunt rifle in my area and switch it up tonight. I shot the deer at 60 yds it did a decent hop tail between the legs went down in 20 yards got back up I stayed in stand for 45 min right before dark to check I have not a lot of blood but it laid down 3 times in 30 yds I know I didn't jump it and backed out should I just wait till morning or go back late tonight

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

7 minutes ago, ckawaki said:

So I got a question for anyone I shot a big buck this evening with my new cva optima I mostly hunt rifle in my area and switch it up tonight. I shot the deer at 60 yds it did a decent hop tail between the legs went down in 20 yards got back up I stayed in stand for 45 min right before dark to check I have not a lot of blood but it laid down 3 times in 30 yds I know I didn't jump it and backed out should I just wait till morning or go back late tonight

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Shot a buck last year that did that.  Caught a little gut and he hunched a bit walking when he did get up to move.  Gave him about 8 hrs and he was dead.