Legacy -The 2022 Season-

Legacy

Well back in the woods after a 3 week hiatus. Snuck in here a bit before 2. Cold temps and a light dusting of snow on the ground. Wind is perfect for my make shift blind but I'm not totally sold on deer sign. Time will tell. Butternut squash on one side and winter wheat on the other.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

December 12 pm
32 degrees
NE wind 9 mph
Cloudy
Flurries

Zero action this afternoon until 405 then the deer started to show up.

10 deer total. Does, fawns, and four bucks. 3 young bucks and one possible 2 or 3 year old. Tough to tell from a distance but no doubt wasnt a 1.5. but also he was 140 plus either.
Saw some sparring, chasing, and bumping. One of the young bucks was still 100 percent in rut crazed mode. Oddly all four bucks showed up together tonight.

IMG_20221212_143101174_HDR.jpg

13 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Back at it this afternoon. Cold, crisp, and high pressure so hopefully they move a bit earlier than yesterday.

Out as well. Groundblind in a small cut cornfield. Pretty afternoon. Good luck Rob and anyone else that’s out. 

68C3D22B-91B7-49BF-9EA5-70788C83C4F6.jpeg

December 13 pm
32 degrees
N wind 5-10
Sunny skies

Deer were on the feet this afternoon. I hunted my make shift blind again and I literally had deer in the field from the time I showed up until the time I left.
25+ deer including 5 bucks. Deer are certainly grouping up. I had one group of 11 does and once again a bachelor group of 3 bucks. I saw 2 mature bucks.
Once again I saw this big mature declining buck with big main beams and no points on his one main beams. I have had this deer on camera for years but I'm not sure if I ever saw him until this year. Oddly enough this year I have seen him at least 6 times.
I had the cross hairs on the second mature buck but never pulled the trigger. I wasn't 100 percent comfortable with the shot.

Camera have been in decline the past two weeks. I pulled one property's; the other is staying active until the end. I did grab an SD card and was amazed at the "flip a switch" lack of pictures from November 6th onward in this particular spot. I didn't realize it when the camera was live, until I started going through the card itself. Either lockdown or more likely increased pressure from crossbow on an adjoining property. It's crazy how small spots are impacted by boots on the ground.

• Like 2