Big River Wednesday 9/21

My wife and I will be celebrating our 15th anniversary and she has surprisingly asked me to take her salmon fishing Wednesday morning.  That is amazing in itself but to actually get her on her first open water salmon would be amazing.  I’m sure there are quite a few in tight in front of the SR but if there is a good silver bite out deeper I would prefer that if weather allows.  I would really appreciate any intel anyone wanted to share.

• Like 1

We got a late start and didn’t get to the launch until 10:00.  Water level is low but we’re still able to launch my 17.5’ sea ray without any problems.  Lots of fish jumping in the estuary and just outside the mouth with a few boats flatlining with planer boards within 10’ of water. Started off in 15’ and marked quite a few right on bottom running j plugs and j13’s.  Snagged up on a dipsey so put in neutral to reel everything up and spin around to free it and the rigger j plug gets smashed while barely moving and takes off.  Line was wrapped around the cable and of course snaps off….no other hits in 3 hours while also moving out to 20’ and then 90’ without seeing many marks at all.  Didn’t see any boats fishing deep, all were within 8-20 fow.  No complaints, I got to spend a few hours on a calm Lake O doing what I love with the one I love most on a beautiful day. 

0E721346-D771-4809-B624-13653914A99F.png

• Like 3