electric downriggers power switch

greenfish

I have my riggers on a single circuit.  Feed to 40 or 50 amp fuse block to on/off master switch then to junction block.  Be sure and use heavy enough wires.  IMO using junction blocks makes for cleaner rigging.

• Like 1

you can get a perco battery switch which can run on battery 1 or 2 or both and off which shuts the power off to both batteries. i used one in my boat for many yrs. but in the boat, we just bought I think I will just use an isolator to keep both batteries charged. you can get the perco switch at amazon or usually on eBay. check both for the best price.

If u have newer Cannon's, they draw very low current all the time for the short stop system.  This is happening all the time if they have power to the cable.  I have a terminal strip which all the riggers are supplied by with a circuit breaker and a shutoff switch which I use when not using the riggers. This is especially a consideration with an aluminum boat that is kept in the water.  Not good to have a few milliamps on the downrigger cable all the time.

• Like 1