Hunters and gun owners please read

Gill-T

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2022 at 12:20 PM, Gill-T said:

Lots of gun cases and ammo boxes at Cabelas in Buffalo. I am no longer felonious. Thanks Hochul. I would love to hear how a locked car is considered unsecured. 

All just 'feel good' legislation with the added benefit of making a few otherwise law abiding unsuspecting gun owners instant felons....

• Like 2

Conceal carry laws are even worse for the law abiding person who wants to protect himself / herself. If you don't have a conceal carry handgun permit just try to apply for a semi auto rifle permit.  you will need one if you want to buy the iconic Ruger 10/22 rifle for your child for Christmas. You might get a permit by next summer.  You might get a rifle for fifty bucks at the corner.  Try North Clinton ave for starts. The news laws have made it safer for people. 

• 4 weeks later...

Like most on here, this stuff really burns me. I can't believe that the DEC is providing guidance that plastic lockable gun cases will suffice to meet the law for storage in a vehicle, when the language clearly states that you need a "lockable, fireproof gun case". If you don't want to spend $1K on a gun case that fits the bill, then you're in violation, regardless of what DEC says. Details matter when you're writing laws, legislators!! It doesn't matter what you mean, it's what you put on paper.

And Strong Hospital has now posted signs that state, "No weapons allowed, in accordance with blah, blah, blah". Because signs prevent criminals from carrying already-illegal firearms. 

I did hear an interesting take on that part of the law which states that you need to post signage making guns welcome, and by default they are illegal to carry into a privately held building. Seems silly to me, but a friend suggested that this might be a tool to be able to prosecute some bad dude who they can't get otherwise, but who they know is always carrying. Like Al Capone was nabbed on tax evasion charges.

I'd love to hear our law enforcement brethren's take on this....feasible or not? Is this law a tool that will be used to nab otherwise untouchables?

The law was poorly written and is in the process of being tweaked. As such, law enforcement is not taking a heavy hand on enforcement in recognition of many of the law’s flaws. 

On 11/2/2022 at 3:48 PM, Trouthunter said:

Vote Republican on Nov. 8th & save New York we must take back our state from these radical democratic nuts

Feel compelled to point out that if anybody is a ‘radical nut ‘ it’s people who promote the completely unsubstantiated claim of a ‘stolen election’ , who are running around beating people with hammers and hatching plots to kidnap a Governor at gun point. Frankly I’m sick and tired of seeing “Don’t Tread on Me” flag stickers on $75,000 pickups - if you can afford that lifestyle then ain’t nobody really treadin on you real hard jack!  Hochul is completely out of touch, Zeldin is an opportunistic facist. I don’t even know if I feel like there is a point in voting but I will be drinking…