Where are all the Finger Lakes fishermen

The Democrat voter will cut off their nose to despite their face. Gas in the boat is nothing to home heating cost especially if you burn oil or propane natural gas isn't going to be much better but I think it's less of the evil. Would like see the real reaction of the democrat voter when opening their first heating bill .

Sent from my SM-A125U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think a lot of folks are also avid hunters and have been preparing and now hunting. The hard core perch guys have been at it but they aren't going to report anything to the general public. many of the folks I know have put their trout stuff away until Spring. The sporatic die hards will probably give an occasional report as the season progresses and hopefully there will be an ice fishing season this year although last year wasn't real encouraging.

I'm from PA and used to drive up to fish Cayuga and Ontario quite often. Nowadays that trip costs twice as much between inflated prices for hotel rooms and especially gas. At least the out of state license cost is reasonable Hopefully it gets under control next year so I can get back up there.  

Plenty of good fishing in Pa.  right now. Walleyes, SMB, Tigers,Flatheads in the rivers, Stripers in some of the  big impoundments, along with walleyes and Bass.. yeah, you guys don't have the trout and salmon trolling, but we don't have stripers or 50 pound flatheads...

Been Salmon river fishing .Went out on Canandaigua 3-weeks ago caught a bunch off small lakers and two tons of fleas on the line it was terrible . Worst I've ever seen it. Giving up till spring!!!!!

Went out on Cayuga yesterday morning for the first time since early July as took some combo camping/fishing journeys to Ontario instead.   Beautiful morning though the pesky South wind gave the lake those nuisance tight white caps to deal with.  Marked some fish and bait, mostly 50-100 feet down in 80-200 fow.  This post spawn Laker stayed on board to head to the smoker.  Stomach full of alewives.... Funny it hit the goby pattern spoon.  No doubt there will be many more post spawn Lakers out there in the weeks to come.  A few more 18-20 inch fish kept the morning entertaining.  The foliage is peaking now, so great time to be outside!

IMG_20221022_070314280.jpg

IMG_20221022_081324821.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/23/2022 at 12:47 PM, Reel Doc said:

Went out on Cayuga yesterday morning for the first time since early July as took some combo camping/fishing journeys to Ontario instead.   Beautiful morning though the pesky South wind gave the lake those nuisance tight white caps to deal with.  Marked some fish and bait, mostly 50-100 feet down in 80-200 fow.  This post spawn Laker stayed on board to head to the smoker.  Stomach full of alewives.... Funny it hit the goby pattern spoon.  No doubt there will be many more post spawn Lakers out there in the weeks to come.  A few more 18-20 inch fish kept the morning entertaining.  The foliage is peaking now, so great time to be outside!

IMG_20221022_070314280.jpg

IMG_20221022_081324821.jpg

That lure looks familiar!? Did you try the cherry wood yet for smoking? Thanks for the report 

4 hours ago, kavorka said:

That lure looks familiar!? Did you try the cherry wood yet for smoking? Thanks for the report 

:yes:. Your cherry wood made outstanding smoke for a stout Ontario Laker.  Sliced the fillets thin and used this dry brine recipe including the honey glaze for the last hour.  It really is candy.  Apple chips also work great with the recipe, while Alder not quite as well with Lakers, better with King fillets.  If I run low on wood I might give you a shout!  

Screenshot_20221027-181827.png

Screenshot_20221027-181938.png

Screenshot_20221027-181919.png

17 hours ago, Reel Doc said:

:yes:. Your cherry wood made outstanding smoke for a stout Ontario Laker.  Sliced the fillets thin and used this dry brine recipe including the honey glaze for the last hour.  It really is candy.  Apple chips also work great with the recipe, while Alder not quite as well with Lakers, better with King fillets.  If I run low on wood I might give you a shout!  

Screenshot_20221027-181827.png

Screenshot_20221027-181938.png

Screenshot_20221027-181919.png

Hey, I know that guy!  :) 

49 minutes ago, Big Spoon said:

Hey, I know that guy!  :) 

No kidding, your smoked Laker recipe is top shelf.  Have a lil Chief smoker do the smoking. Just had some of the last batch on a salad for my lunch.  I have a crew I work with who love when I bring along some for them to enjoy!!

• Like 1