Yankee on Oneida October 15/16

Yankee Troller

These guys from PA are regulars on the Salmon schedule, but this weekend they popped their Walleye cherries. They may now be Walleye regulars!

Saturday we dealt with 15-30mph winds and had to fish the East end of Oneida Lake. We caught 40 short Walleye and a handful of perch. Sunday we got back to the waters where we usually fish, and on our third spot we found them. The school we found was in 25-27' of water. We worked them hard and kept 12 Walleye and four nice Perch. We tossed back some 16" eyes when the bite was good thinking we could limit easily. What's that saying? One in the hand is better than two in the bush? 🤣

Jigging raps and Shiver Minnows took everything for us. Couldn't buy a blade bait bite. The fish didn't want monster hops. Fast retrieve with small hops triggered the bites.

PXL_20221016_182711314.thumb.jpg.c0f2ad96b9645324cce8387c330bcc21.jpg
Edited by Yankee Troller
  • Like 4

• 8 months later...
On 10/17/2022 at 6:59 PM, jmyers8 said:

Those perch are bigger then most summer walleye on lake erie. Impressive! What was the length?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, nulsaom said:

I feel very impressed. What is the measured length? I'm curious about the length because it's a bit hard to visualize on the photo.s

snow rider

Can't say I measured them. They might look large, but I'd bet they were 11-13".