Vote Tuesday November 8th

MCF

Crime - crime - crime

Who signed a law that allowed career criminals to get sentences reduced? (Hint: First Step Act, 2018)

Who required unanimous jury decisions to find guilt? (Hint: "red" SCOTUS", April 2020)

Who allowed criminals to conceal carry? (Hint: "Red" SCOTUS, June 2022)

Who's had more mass shootings? (Hint: 41 from 2016-2020; 15 from 2020-2022)

Will enjoy the new governor, perhaps only because I won't have to endure those annoying sensationalized, mud-slinging "red" commercials anymore.  (Hope you enjoy yours)

To be clear, IMO, the blame for the current condition belongs to both "red" & "blue."  I looked at this election as the "lesser of two evils."  I support protecting social security & Medicare; I support lower medical costs & no government involvement in medical decisions; I support fixing roads/bridges; I support catching tax cheats; I support freedom and the rule of law.  I support more fish in the lake.

PS.  I just got another one!  Hey fools, election day was yesterday!

• Like 1

Lmao. Criminals are not allowed by law to OWN weapons , let alone carry concealed   There goes that point 

who stopped cash bail ?  Criminals are back on The streets in hours , committing the same crimes ,over and over  so much for that one.  

a red wave would have stopped Brandon’s destruction of this country.  It is what it is 

Kathy hookie will have to be stopped in the courtroom   Civil disobedience is just beginning in this country. We need way less federal government  Florida has the right idea  sovereignty 

6 hours ago, LongLine said:

The question was what did "your guy" do that was so good?  I would apprecite hearing any.

I don't even know how to respond to that.  

Look at the state of the country , foreign and domestic all around then and now . 

To say what we have now is better than what we had then is lunacy . 

The hatred by some of this man has clouded the rational judgement of some highly educated people who should really know better . And it blatantly shows . 

I love those yard signs that say hatred has no home here . Unless of course it's Trump or one of his supporters . 

My wife and I seriously just talked about keeping the cottage selling the house  and moving to North Carolina . Other than the fishing , there is nothing keeping me here . And there is fishing everywhere . 

Edited by HB2

4 hours ago, LongLine said:

Crime - crime - crime

Who signed a law that allowed career criminals to get sentences reduced? (Hint: First Step Act, 2018)

Who required unanimous jury decisions to find guilt? (Hint: "red" SCOTUS", April 2020)

Who allowed criminals to conceal carry? (Hint: "Red" SCOTUS, June 2022)

Who's had more mass shootings? (Hint: 41 from 2016-2020; 15 from 2020-2022)

Will enjoy the new governor, perhaps only because I won't have to endure those annoying sensationalized, mud-slinging "red" commercials anymore.  (Hope you enjoy yours)

To be clear, IMO, the blame for the current condition belongs to both "red" & "blue."  I looked at this election as the "lesser of two evils."  I support protecting social security & Medicare; I support lower medical costs & no government involvement in medical decisions; I support fixing roads/bridges; I support catching tax cheats; I support freedom and the rule of law.  I support more fish in the lake.

PS.  I just got another one!  Hey fools, election day was yesterday!

Glad to see you are happy. Thats all that counts. As far as crime goes you would have to look at who supports BLM and Antifa burning down the city and attacking elderly people without repercussion and maybe then we could have an intelligent conversation. Enjoy your day.

Criminals don't have to OWN guns to have them.  The majority of criminal's guns are illegal but can't charge them with CC.  People seem to want CC for themselves but not for anyone else.  Please enlighten me if there are law enforcement agencies that are whole Heartly in favor of CC for everyone at all times. The only way police can charge a bad guy with a gun possession is if the ATF or FBI can trace his gun to out of state. 

Section 540.30 specifically states CB applies to misdemeanors & non-violent crimes. It gives judges discretion based on a specific checklist of "NO-GO's", regardless of what any media or political pundit reports. Judges have to consider seriousness of offence, previous offences, use of firearms, risk to community, etc.  Bail or CB doesn't stop police from responding to emergencies, investigate crimes or make arrests.  If a CB offender is released and commits another crime, my question is why don't the judge who let him go and the court lawyers who agreed to it, get held accountable? 

How does bail prevent repeat offenders?  If an offender on bail commits another offence, why isn't his bail bondsman held accountable?  Okay then, just lock him up with no bail until trial, which will probably be 8-10 months later and require a unanimous jury to convict.  If not convicted, he then sues the gov't for false imprisonment. If case dismissed on a technicality, why doesn't judge give prosecutor a chance to correct the technicality, rather than an immediate dismissal & he's back on the street?  Why does offender get to appeal a guilty verdict, then appeal it again?  

CB was introduced as some relief to taxpayer costs. (One is not a legitimate New Yorker if he doesn't complain about taxes & hates paying them!)  Whoa, Hold it! The jail at MCC was closed a few years ago due to tax complaints.  Yet, we don't want to catch any tax cheats. 

Yes, I'm still waiting for that one law the "red guy" passed that was good for the everyday citizen. I didn't mean to ask an impossible question.

Anyone moving south, please watch out for sharks jumping onto your boat and please don't relocate near the shorelines as they'll probably be under water in the future.

BLM & Antifa?  Man, love the deflection!  I'm open to compromise:  I'd support public flogging of them if you'd support public flogging of 1/6 rioters.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LongLine said:

Yes, I'm still waiting for that one law the "red guy" passed that was good for the everyday citizen. I didn't mean to ask an impossible question.

Actually it's not the job of the President or the executive branch to pass laws. That's the job of Congress or the legislative branch . Checks and balances . I'm surprised you did not know that . You remember the constitution , that piece of paper that's in the way of Dems being our supreme leaders forever . 

The winner of a governor race is determined by total votes not total counties.2957,602 hochul 2666,065 zeldin. Been that way for ever. Hopefully the next governor race a republican wins. but it is what it is. now we need to live with how the people voted.
Time for this election rant to go away .

Sent from my SM-A125U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

COUNTIES WON BY ZELDIN = 49
COUNTIES WON BY HOCHUL = 13
WINNER = HOCHUL

our system is broken 
Maybe a weighted vote by county system, similar to Presidential Electoral College ?

Try getting the state legislation to approve something like that; they know how it would shift the outcome of the Governors race.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chinook35 said:

COUNTIES WON BY ZELDIN = 49
COUNTIES WON BY HOCHUL = 13

WINNER = HOCHUL

our system is broken 

You see the 49 counties are mostly populated with bears, coyotes and raccoons. If you give them voting rights you would win elections, but you have to stop hunting or you will lose the elections again.

Also in most democracies the idea of voting is roughly based on the idea of "one man (person) one vote". Not "one acre one vote."

Edited by rolmops
  • Like 1

80% of NY city voters voted for Hockel . With all the crime down there and the no bail thing ,they must like and want the crime , or they are just plain stupid . Next time some scumbag sucker punches or pushes one of them in front of a subway train , etc , I have zero sympathy for them and don't want to hear it.   

Problem with the population centers controlling the vote is we have  poorly run city based politicians telling farmers what to do with their land . 

• Like 1

It is really sad to hear all the talk about crime, mostly because according to the feds, crime has gone down. The GOP brought crime to the election only after they realized the enormous influence that the abortion issue brought to the polls.

As for the bail issue. At no point in time were violent crime suspects let go without having to put up bail.

Release without paying bail is there for those innocent until proven guilty, so those who cannot afford bail don’t have to spend several months in jail until their case comes to court. This enables them to work and provide for their dependents. Until now their only alternative to waiting in jail, was pleading guilty and get out without doing time, but now with a criminal record that haunts them for the rest of their lives even if they were innocent to begin with. Nothing is simple if you are poor,because the system is rigged against you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rolmops said:

It is really sad to hear all the talk about crime, mostly because according to the feds, crime has gone down. The GOP brought crime to the election only after they realized the enormous influence that the abortion issue brought to the polls.

As for the bail issue. At no point in time were violent crime suspects let go without having to put up bail.

Release without paying bail is there for those innocent until proven guilty, so those who cannot afford bail don’t have to spend several months in jail until their case comes to court. This enables them to work and provide for their dependents. Until now their only alternative to waiting in jail, was pleading guilty and get out without doing time, but now with a criminal record that haunts them for the rest of their lives even if they were innocent to begin with. Nothing is simple if you are poor,because the system is rigged against you.

They also said inflation isn't bad....  Look around.  Car jackings, murders, violent attacks and a ton of other crime.   If criminals don't have the money to get bailed out, there is always bond.  The issue with the law is people are getting out on bail and put right back on the street to commit crime.  Bail reform also does not recognize crimes like second degree manslaughter as a violent offense therefor, criminals that commit 2nd degree manslaughter will be releases.  Let a criminal harm one of your family members, get released back to the streets and tell me its not a flawed law.  

1 hour ago, rolmops said:

Zeldon had a guy come on stage and try to stab him and got out without bail with an appearance ticket . That's crazy . 

One guy got arrested and released 20 times and wound up killing someone.  

I love these  delusional people who try to tell me there is no crime and we see it with our own eyes . 

All crime went up like what 50% last year ? Maybe it went down 2 % from that.  Is that improvement ? Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining . If you want to be gullible enough to believe it go for it . Not me . 

I don't think any of us want to see someone go to jail for something stupid or lapse of judgement.  But a lot of the degenerates get out and do the same thing the next day . Over and over . It becomes a minor inconvenience . But hey , they have to make a living too ! 

Edited by HB2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HB2 said:

Zeldon had a guy come on stage and try to stab him and got out without bail with an appearance ticket . That's crazy . 

David Jakubonis, who was totally drunk and an Irag war veteran, lunged at Zeldin with a keychain and fell down when Zeldin grabbed his wrist.  He appeared before Federal Magistrate Marian Payson.  (Payson was appointed to Fed court in 2003, again in 2011 and again in 2019.  I.E. a Bush/Obama/Trump appointee.)  

1 hour ago, HB2 said:

I don't think any of us want to see someone go to jail for something stupid or lapse of judgement. 

So he should have gone to jail or not gone to jail?  

It amazes me how the media can sensationalize an event & get some people all riled up. Then the real facts come out and are published way down the page. 

Will someone please explain to me how bail, no bail, bail bond, etc will prevent an offender from re-offending when even serving time doesn't prevent it?  

2 hours ago, GAMBLER said:

Bail reform also does not recognize crimes like second degree manslaughter as a violent offense

There's a big difference between 2nd deg Manslaughter and Aggravated 2nd deg Manslaughter.  

7 hours ago, LongLine said:

David Jakubonis, who was totally drunk and an Irag war veteran, lunged at Zeldin with a keychain and fell down when Zeldin grabbed his wrist.  He appeared before Federal Magistrate Marian Payson.  (Payson was appointed to Fed court in 2003, again in 2011 and again in 2019.  I.E. a Bush/Obama/Trump appointee.)  

So he should have gone to jail or not gone to jail?  

It amazes me how the media can sensationalize an event & get some people all riled up. Then the real facts come out and are published way down the page. 

Will someone please explain to me how bail, no bail, bail bond, etc will prevent an offender from re-offending when even serving time doesn't prevent it?  

In a nutshell , the above is why we have the surge in crime . The justification of bad behavior by delusional lefty's who think ," well , if we just give this guy another chance ,he will do the right thing " . How's that working out for us ? Not great . It all looks good on paper but in reality does not work . 

Talk to law enforcement about this and get their take . They know who the criminals are and are reluctant to arrest them because they will be back out in the street hours latter laughing in their face . 

It's pretty simple , if you don't want to go to jail , don't commit crimes that put you in a position for bad things to happen to you . We have to get back to that . 

If a person commits a violent  crime while out on bail ( or no bail as it seems )  , no bail .  Sit in jail and wait till trial  . One less emboldened habitual offender on the streets law abiding citizens have to worry about . 

Edited by HB2

Their position on the abortion issue sealed their fate because a lot of women voters out there regardless of party affiliation voted according to their belief that their personal rights were being infringed on. What we need is a strong third party that takes a more moderate stance on the primary issues this two party system no longer works because of the polarization and our comments here reflect that very fact. Yes I am an Independent and I have voted for people in each of the existing parties depending on the candidate and the specific issues. We need to get away from dogmatic thinking along "party lines"'

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 3

My wife and son are Libertarians . 

I really like a lot of their viewpoints on things . But they can never win a major political position. They don't play the game . 

On abortion , I find some people's stance just a little ironic . When our GI servicemen got off the planes at the airports they were met with protesters calling them " Baby Killers"  .