Vote Tuesday November 8th

MCF

On 11/13/2022 at 4:28 AM, HB2 said:

In a nutshell , the above is why we have the surge in crime . The justification of bad behavior by delusional lefty's who think ," well , if we just give this guy another chance ,he will do the right thing " . How's that working out for us ? Not great . It all looks good on paper but in reality does not work . 

The alt-right prosecutor (Doorly's office) charged the "assailant" with "2nd degree ATTEMPTED assault."  Attempted assault means "no serious physical harm could have been done."   

I find it funny that Libertarians want no government telling them what to do yet want the gov't to be a police state and lock everyone else up.  

• Like 1

I remember very nasty welcome at airport when I got out.  Then I went back to school & witnessed more Horse-S from protest groups. Wasn't "nice" but I never let it rattle me as I had experienced much worse. Some found out the hard way not to F with me.

I've been an Independent for a long, long time & have voted for members of different parties.  I don't follow one "news source", but check out many sources trying to get discern facts before I form an opinion. IMO, to get news from one source is total lunacy.  The follow-up weeks later often shows how wrong or slanted initial reports were.    

I look at the actual words a candidate says, not what some pundit said he said.  The latter is mere hearsay and doesn't stand up in court, so why should I give it standing? I look for proposal specifics not sensationalizing & negativity.  I also look for consistency and not flip-flopping or hypocrisy. 

I further believe that no party has the complete solution but rather the solutions can only be accomplished by compromise among differing viewpoints. Until lawmakers proactively pursue compromise, I'm afraid we'll just have to endure the constant whining.

• Like 1

As we have just honored our great Veterans on their day I wonder this . 

The Constitution is the basis of this great country and many have fought and died for it . 

Freedom of speech is the keystone . 

It's pretty obvious that is getting slowly eroded . Laws past about hate speech , also  cancelation , endoctorination ,etc. 

So how can anyone who risked their lives for the constitution, support anyone who would be part of that ? 

So what do the Republicans think here?
Should trump run again ?
Don't know who will be running against trump in the primary have wait and see .
If it's Ron DeSantis or Mike Pence they will have my vote.
Dump the Trump run with the Ronald.

Sent from my SM-A125U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Trump violated the Constitution. 
He has only damaged the Republican Party since his actions regarding the election he clearly lost. It’s unfortunate because he accomplished a tremendous amount during his presidency. 
For the republicans to be viable and successful they need to ditch him or we will be stuck with what we have now which is a complete joke. 

• Like 2

This to me  it has nothing to do with Trump . It's bigger than him . There are those that are trying to take away the constitutional rights of the American citizens.  And tear up the constitution and start over . Like Nancy shamefully did at the state of the union.  

Weaponizing the DOJ and IRS against political opponents . Obama did this .

Impeaching Trump for something Biden actually did . Or a sitting senator saying out loud " we are going to impeach the Mother F er" after he just took office . There is no decorum any more . Biden says we have to work together but they don't want to work with Repubs . Trump had a DACA bill already to sign and Dems would not do it.  Why ? I'll tell you why , same old crap . 

Media holding back stories that could have cost Biden the election . Some media admitted to this . 

Concerned Parents at school board meeting being branded terrorists ? 

And the list goes on and on . 

Im  liking Tulsi Gabbard these days . She has a lot of good things to say . 

Edited by HB2

That being said there’s a reason why people elected Biden and the rest of the clowns. Whatever that reason is was mirrored in the recent mid terms. 
Until those reasons are understood and appropriate changes made in the party history will continue to repeat itself. 
The Democrats do a great job of motivating their base. The amount of mail in votes they garner reflect that. 
Personally, I’m not going to sweat it. 
It is what it is, the people have spoken. 
I have as many lib friends as conservative ones.  I’ll continue to concern myself with my family, home and friends.  The election is over, time to move on. 

• Thanks 1

Freedom of Speech is definitely a key freedom.  However, all freedoms have limitations and the limitations on FoS are designed as protections of other citizens or the public safety. The 1st amendment specifically applies to the gov't.  Employers and private entities can establish rules about speech, to which one agrees to by signing a paper or clicking "I agree."  One can publicly protest the gov't, however time, place & manner are limitations.

"Hate speech" is called just that as it's abusive, physically threatening, slanderous and/or obscene and geared towards incitement. All of which have never been protected by the 1st amendment and there have been laws against each for many many years.  Criticism and "Hate speech" are two different things.  The Declaration of Independence contains no "Hate speech" as we know it.

Religions indoctrinate; the military indoctrinates; employers indoctrinate.  What organization doesn't have rules or a code of conduct?  

Yeah, time to move on.  The losers got put in their place. It's over.  Time for some to dust off their ice fishing gear. (I accept the fact that no one can tell me what laws trumpouska passed that were good for the everyday citizen.)

BTW:  I now have received 32 emails from conserveintel.  

Freedom of speech is just that.  Who decides what is and isn't appropriate ?  

Elon just bought Twitter for that very reason . Conservative voices are being algorithmed out . That is not democracy . But apparently , from what I read above , some are fine with that 

Elon was a hero , until he bought Twitter . Now Biden says we have to look into his financial dealings. Sick the IRS on him . We are more like China every day . 

Nice to see in the bluest state in the union , what , 11 seats were flipped red  ? And the house is red , so gridlock . And bye bye Nancy . Pretty good start . 

And like I told you before , Presidents don't make laws , that's Congress job . 

And it's never over .  

Edited by HB2

Hb2,

Presidents do make laws in 2 ways. They can give executive orders and although they are not laws as such, they might as well be, and they have to sign off on every law that passes congress which they may or may not do.

As for who makes laws. Usually a special interest group -lobby- convinces a member of congress that a certain law should be proposed and after that has been done, the lobbyists write that law being very careful to write 2000 or more pages to make sure that nobody will read the small print in which any and all special desires of the special interest group are satisfied.

When that is all done some member of congress claims to have proposed and written the law and the lobby will reward him with bigger donations while the special interest group represented by this lobbyist will get a lot richer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rolmops said:

Hb2,

Presidents do make laws in 2 ways. They can give executive orders and although they are not laws as such, they might as well be, and they have to sign off on every law that passes congress which they may or may not do.

As for who makes laws. Usually a special interest group -lobby- convinces a member of congress that a certain law should be proposed and after that has been done, the lobbyists write that law being very careful to write 2000 or more pages to make sure that nobody will read the small print in which any and all special desires of the special interest group are satisfied.

When that is all done some member of congress claims to have proposed and written the law and the lobby will reward him with bigger donations while the special interest group represented by this lobbyist will get a lot richer.

Wrong.

Any presidential veto can be overridden by a 2/3 rds vote by both the House and Senate.
As far as executive orders go they cannot be used to subject private citizens to any specific rules and restrictions, nor can they abolish an act of Congress. 

Presidents don't make laws.

Edited by spoonfed-1

13 hours ago, rolmops said:

Hb2,

And this is how we got Obama care, Pelosi said "just pass it we'll read it later" Great left wing moon bat mentality!!!

Can someone give a current status on the midterms? High level?

From what I see ... Republicans need 1 more seat to control the house, and that seems like a 100% certainty, so we can conclude Republicans will control the house?

For Senate ... it's tied (Dem has one more if you consider the VP (Dem) vote).  Georgia will decide whether the Senate is controlled by Dems or Republicans?

Do I have that right?

Edited by TyeeTanic

15 minutes ago, TyeeTanic said:

Can someone give a current status on the midterms? High level?

From what I see ... Republicans need 1 more seat to control the house, and that seems like a 100% certainty, so we can conclude Republicans will control the house?

For Senate ... it's tied (Dem has one more if you consider the VP (Dem) vote).  Georgia will decide whether the Senate is controlled by Dems or Republicans?

Do I have that right?

No. The Democrats control the Senate. With a win in Georgia by Walker in December, the Senate will be divided 50/50 leaving any tie breaker up to the vice president.

2 hours ago, jusgrinnin said:

And this is how we got Obama care, Pelosi said "just pass it we'll read it later" Great left wing moon bat mentality!!!

Wrong. Obama care could have been a lot better. When it was first brought to the house , it was not really perfect, but quite good for most of the people. It was on its way to a vote in the senate when senator Ted Kennedy died and with him the 60 senators mayority needed to make it filibuster proof. At that point Obama care got hacked up and neutered by the senators who are beholden to the big healthcare lobby. The end result was less than perfect, but I have not yet found anybody does not like being able to keep their kids on the insurance until they are 26 years old and the fact that no insurance company can refuse any clients with pre-existing health issues.

Obama care became the way it is now as a result of two different lobbies fighting each other and having to compromise every step of the way.

Edited by rolmops

Watching from across the pond about American politics & your Constitution while observing 'stuff'.  Minding P's n Q's are tough but will try.

Some people repeat what they see on yesterday's news while few people have time to do research.  Information Warfare in the new (novel) social media & Section 230 is an ongoing battle. 

Concerns like 0bamacare, Democrat vs. Republican, $$$ of gas/energy, recession/depression, world conflicts, mail-in voting, voter I.D., taxes/gov't spending, censorship, ballot harvesting, bail & crime problems, AG's, abortion laws returned to individual States, 1st & 2nd amendment rights, Electoral College, lawfare in the Judicial system all need to be discussed and/or fixed...'of the people, by the people, for the people'.

There's a problem when a politician does not do what the people want or need while also following the Constitution.  T'would be a major concern if control of information & speech becomes corrupted.

4 minutes ago, RiggerRob said:

Watching from across the pond about American politics & your Constitution while observing 'stuff'.  Minding P's n Q's are tough but will try.

Some people repeat what they see on yesterday's news while few people have time to do research.  Information Warfare in the new (novel) social media & Section 230 is an ongoing battle. 

Concerns like 0bamacare, Democrat vs. Republican, $$$ of gas/energy, recession/depression, world conflicts, mail-in voting, voter I.D., taxes/gov't spending, censorship, ballot harvesting, bail & crime problems, AG's, abortion laws returned to individual States, 1st & 2nd amendment rights, Electoral College, lawfare in the Judicial system all need to be discussed and/or fixed...'of the people, by the people, for the people'.

There's a problem when a politician does not do what the people want or need while also following the Constitution.  T'would be a major concern if control of information & speech becomes corrupted.

Too late. Already the case and has been for a good 2 decades.

Edited by spoonfed-1

Executive orders, while not laws, can have the same effect as laws.  E.O.s are directives from Executive to depts within the Executive branch.  For example: Trumpuska directed Immigration to not allow anyone from 7 Muslim countries entry into the US.  He also ordered Border Patrol to separate kids from parents at the southern border. 

Can an E.O. affect an ordinary citizen?  Yes. The IRS could be directed to aggressively pursue tax cheats. The DOJ could be directed to provide further assistance to local law enforcement. (As they're currently doing in NYS by having AFT & FBI involvement with crimes involving firearms).  TSA could be directed to perform greater security checks at airports. DOD could be directed to alter guidelines for defense spending, consolidation and/or grants.  (Remember Seneca Army Depot?)

As to overriding vetoes: the last one that was overridden (by 322-87 and 81-13 margins) was Trumpuska's veto in Dec 2020 on a defense spending bill.   

BTW, the official count is now 35 GOP spams since election day.  

R-B.  It's not that people don't have the time to research, it's that people choose not to do the research.   So many enjoy listening to the sensationalized and assume if someone said it, it must be correct.  I.E. "it's on the internet so it must be true"

We have enough laws already on the books . More than sufficient to protect the American citizens . Problem is , they are not enforced .

The border is a good example of that. And there is no longer equal protection under the law . A subject for a different day . 

Some bills in Congress cannot be agreed upon . Take DACA or imagration   for example . Neither side wants to pass even what would be a bipartisan compromise . Reason being it would make the President in power look good . And we can't have that , now can we . 

And the problem with a lot of these bills is this . 

They craft a bill , say its called the 

" Protect the children act" . Then they attach all kinds of things that have nothing to do with protecting children . Or PORK as it's called to get money to their project to fill the right people's pockets . The President vetos it and then the other side says he doesn't like children . And Congress sends this stuff up to him full well knowing he will Veto it so they can use it against him . Both sides do it . 

I talked with an 3 tour  Iraq vet on a plane ride back from Colorado . He told me that as soon as Trump took office it all changed for the better . They got new equipment and were given the green light to wipe out the enemy . 

20 hours ago, rolmops said:

Hb2,

Who said " You have to pass the bill to know what's in the bill"? I may be paraphrasing but I'm sure you understand.