Wanted Looking for Centerpin Set Up! Willing to spend anywhere from 300-500 for rod and reel

Hey everyone,

I am interested in getting a centerpin set up for the winter. I am located at Fort Drum so if necessary I could drive a little to pick up otherwise shipping is fine. Let me know if anyone has some used equipment they want to sell!

Braden

Edited by bradenl123

I have not used a centerpin before. This would be my first set up. I have done a lot of research I just need to get a set up and get out on the water. I will be fishing the Salmon River for steelies. I understand that casting is going to be a pain to learn but I am willing to put in the time and effort. I am also looking at a fly rod set up. I just enjoy fishing whether I am catching anything or not I like to learn.

Braden

Once you get set up give me a shout - can have you side casting in 5 minutes and wallis casting in an hour.  I fish the Salmon River with my 12 year old a lot and he has been side casting for a couple years and now is starting to wallis cast.  Not hard.

Side cast is easiest to learn and 90% of the folks on the tribs never move beyond this - it does cause some line twist and most folks will run a swivel above their float to mitigate the effects of line twist.  Wallis casting - no need to add a swivel above the float - harder to master but a much more versatile cast.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 4:37 PM, bottom-feeder said:

im still fishing the lake but after it gets cold ill be on the river every weekend

if interested ill take you down in my driftboat....im not a guide

if you dont find a set up you can use one of mine

text at 315 771 1638 if interested in going sometime

I have a driftboat too and no longer guide - let me know if you want to hook up sometime as well - my boat or yours.