Upper Niagara launch

I have been using the launch at the end of Sheridan Dr for years, but Tonawanda now requires an annual permit for that launch and does not offer day passes.  I only go a few times a year and am not buying an annual pass for $125. 

So- what launch is recommended as an alternative?  I have never used any launch there other than Sheridan.  Thanks 

I have been told that after labor day it is free but I have not used it so I am not absolutely sure. I stopped there Oct 22 (before I was told about it) but was not sure so we went to the launch at Tonawanda Park (follow the river a few miles north and a bit past the South Grand Isle Bridge). That was the only time I had the boat out this year. I know it used to be free after Labor Day and  before Memorial Day before they instituted the yearly fee.

Isle View is the one I was talking about. Griffin Park Boat Ramp is another option that is free if you want to explore further up the river. It is a good launch located near the north end of Grand Island. Here is a Google Maps link. It is protected from the wind being behind Cayuga Island but strong west winds can be brutal once you get out on the river.

Edited by muskiedreams