Very nice! It would be nice if The DEC were to manage regulations in at least some waters in the state for the purpose of producing trophy pike like that more consistently. With the current regulations and fishing pressure on them in most statewide waters, Pike just don't have a chance to become trophy size. With the right management in select lakes or rivers, Upper 30s and 40" plus fish could become relatively common.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, muskiedreams said:

Very nice! It would be nice if The DEC were to manage regulations in at least some waters in the state for the purpose of producing trophy pike like that more consistently. With the current regulations and fishing pressure on them in most statewide waters, Pike just don't have a chance to become trophy size. With the right management in select lakes or rivers, Upper 30s and 40" plus fish could become relatively common.

This would be great. A simple slot of no kill for 30-35 inch fish or something similar could accomplish this in a lot of places. 

• Like 1

I couldn't agree more I used to be a big ice fishing tournament person but the more I learn about what it takes for big pike to grow the more I want to see ny manage for some trophy waters like they do muskie
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...