big Conesus pike(s)

Caught several big Conesus pike a 41.5 and a 40.25. The fish both got Grandmas deep inside, so I wasn't gonna throw back mortally wounded fish. The fall bites been great nice walleye and jumbo pike, the fish god been good to me this fall.

40_2.jpg

42_1.jpg

42_2.jpg

40_1.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Big fat pike said:

Nice fish sucks they died it always sucks when a big fish dies

defiantly agreed, I defiantly prefer a successful release the grandmas have 3 big trebles and it's like darn could they swallow it any deeper, darn. Thanks Jim

If you carry jaw spreaders and bolt cutters, the hooks can be cut out. One might be surprised. I've released some very deeply hooked fish. Need a good net, some long pliers and Knipex cutters are the best - spring-loaded.

Nice fish, though.

Tight Lines

• Like 4

On 11/30/2022 at 10:18 PM, tmag said:

If you carry jaw spreaders and bolt cutters, the hooks can be cut out. One might be surprised. I've released some very deeply hooked fish. Need a good net, some long pliers and Knipex cutters are the best - spring-loaded.

Nice fish, though.

Tight Lines

The 1st jumbo fish opened up a bit and flung my spreaders in the lake along with my cutters. This was unbelievable with the Grandmas. I just got a couple in and forgot to pinch down the barbs. Usually all hooks in my boat are barbless and I have stated using many single hooked baits, swimbaits, Rapalas, Dept Raiders, ect. If the fish doesn't get slack while fighting I see no reason for the barb. 

• Like 1