Pq1f4eI0.jpg

aV_lSF0.jpg

Fished at 6 am in 20 ft of water off the planer boards came 1 football brown trout, 1 rainbow 6lbs and a 16" atlantic salmon.

Moved out to 70 ft and found the Lakers.

We were not in the derby :(

Had a few of these at the Black North to help our pain :beer:

Nice looking lakers :yes: Curious to know what the setup on the bow rail is there in the background. Planner board masts? Made from level wind reels and aluminum tubing? Looks cool. What is the boat you are on? Looks like a center console...maybe a bayliner trophy? I had one and traded it in Spencerport last year. Thanks for the pics...good job...lots of Lakers this year so far.

Mark

Nice looking lakers :yes: Curious to know what the setup on the bow rail is there in the background. Planner board masts? Made from level wind reels and aluminum tubing? Looks cool. What is the boat you are on? Looks like a center console...maybe a bayliner trophy? I had one and traded it in Spencerport last year. Thanks for the pics...good job...lots of Lakers this year so far.

Mark

The boat is a key west center console from North Carolina, my friend the owner of the boat is a welder so the aluminum tubing and penn fishing reels made a good planer board system. The reels are attached with stainless hose clamps around the stainless tube.

He put countersunk rod holders on the bow and the angle is perfect.

The penn reels are spooled with 100lb test mono for the boards.

Mark

The boat is a key west center console from North Carolina, my friend the owner of the boat is a welder so the aluminum tubing and penn fishing reels made a good planer board system. The reels are attached with stainless hose clamps around the stainless tube.

He put countersunk rod holders on the bow and the angle is perfect.

The penn reels are spooled with 100lb test mono for the boards.

great idea :yes: i was looking at key west boats, they are nice. from what I could see of the bow rail and top of the console rail it was similar to the bayliner I had.