Bryce Marine Headaches

Chicong

10 hours ago, Gator said:

So many stories like this over the years. I guess the owners aren't aware of the reputation they've garnered, or simply don't care because there's always another shill out there. It's easy to dismiss one or two incidents, since most folks are quick to voice complaints but not compliments. But when you hear the same thing over and over...

So, I guess what I'm asking is: has anyone on LOU ever had a good interaction with Bryce? Without going into details, all I can say is that I will never deal with them again.

Actually I have had good experiences with them . 

They rebuilt the my Cobra outdrive on my Bayliner and did other work . 

They did some work on my 35 Merc . 

Got parts and oil from them many times . 

Never once had a problem . 

But this was before they sold and I found Tommy Barbara 

On 12/2/2022 at 9:15 PM, Chicong said:

Understood.  The new boat had three Interstate batteries.  Two for the trolling motor and one that runs the main engine and electronics. 

The boat has gone through 3 main engine batteries in three years.  Each one has stranded me, the last one in a very, very dangerous situation on the Niagara River at the Devil's Hole.  We could have been killed.  Same old story launch, pray, then drift, or get towed home.  Voltmeter always 12+ at failure.  2019 Merc 150 4 stroke.  

I'm diligent about keeping the two trolling motor and main engine battery charged at all times.  After the first stranding, I always verified 13+ volts with voltmeter to terminals, not console gauge before launch.  Never had a problem with the two original trolling motor batteries.  Rock solid.  Bryce guy says "you had three bad main engine batteries in succession".  No CCA they say.  C'mon.  You kidding?  

All three are supposed to be covered on warranty and they say no.  See below.  Now they want to charge me $280 for the third.  Jesus.  I had more reliable 1968 outboards.  Contacted manufacturer, White Marine, they say, sorry, talk to Bryce. 

At the end of the day what bothers me most is not the quality of the new boat, nor the battery failures, but the rotten attitude by the Bryce staff and lack of total business acumen.  Is new management in place?  Dave the salesman was great.  Complete professional.  The rest of the staff seems angry.  I handed them $40K cash.  Now we're arguing over $280?   

Are there any smart businessmen/woman left? I saved my money for my whole life working overtime, nights, weekends in a rotten, physical job.  Digging ditches, working with my hands.  I'm no rich guy.  I worked for my money.  I would have spent $200K+ more business with them over the years.  I want Jet-ski's for my grand-kids.  Maybe a pontoon boat for my wife.  Golden years.  But after month's of arguing back-and-forth over peanuts when I handed them $40K?   Do you want to do business with folks like this?  You reap what your sow.  Sorry.  Unbelievable.    

• 5-YEAR BOW-TO-STERN WARRANTY

We'll cover parts and labor for defects in materials and workmanship on electrical components, livewells and plumbing, stereo, gauges, switches, console(s), windshield, steering wheel, fishing seats, carpet, vinyl, fuel system and gelcoat. And that's just a partial list.

I was the service manager at Krenzer Marine the last few years. Still at the marina, but in a new role. The boats/motors are delivered by the manufacturer. It's part of the dealers prep to put the batteries and fuel in the boat. Sounds to me like there is an electrical draw coming from somewhere. A capable service department should be able to test for that draw and diagnose where it's coming from. It could be an aftermarket part added by the dealer or customer causing this draw, and that isn't a warrantied item by the manufacturer. However, if there is a draw from something installed at the manufacturer it's a warranty issue the dealer needs to pursue. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.