islander restoration

rolmops

I am currently rebuilding a 1989 221 Starcraft Islander. So far I replaced the transom, the foam, the floor and the engine (4.3 liter 6). With winter closing in, It is time to gather more materials so when the weather gets nice in spring I can get a good start. So far I got replacement wiring, electric brakes for the trailerand a nice junction box for the trailer wiring connection to the towing vehicle. Windshield wiper motors for the front and two 1100gph bilge pumps. For sonar and chart plotting, I got a Furuno 588 with a TM260 transducer for deep water trolling and a Garmin Echomap UHD 64CV chirp fishfinder with transducer for shallow water and chart plotting. That should get me off to a good start in early spring.

I do need a port side window for the cabin and so far I have not found any. Does anybody know where to find one or have one made?

Come spring I will sell my 19 foot islnder with a brand new engine and furuno fish finder. So if you are interested, send me a pm.

Good luck I bought a 221 hardtop last fall and converted the cable steering to hydraulic so I could use the autopilot off my 25' wellscraft and love the boat. Got fed up towing that 7000 wellscraft. If you're on Facebook there are a couple groups one for Islanders and one for starcrafts I belong to that may have the parts you're looking for

Sent from my SM-G970U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks for the hint. I am an active member on the i-boats board and get some info from there.

As for facebook, I don't want Mark Zuckerberg to know when I wake up and go to bed , so I am not active on facebook.

Edited by rolmops