Conesus walleye/pike run

Anyone know if the 'eyes and pike are running at the south end inlet? We have been going to see the spawn show the last few years and would like to catch this fantastic show again this year. That's if VHS hasn't done a number on the fish.

Thanks for the prompt reply Gambler. I guess we'll head out maybe fri/sat. Now all I have to do is finish the gutted but almost completed honeydo bathroom, get both boats ready for lake O, ect, ect.. I GAVE UP ICE FISHIN' TO FINISH THIS BATHROOM REDO AND AM STILL LATE GETTIN' READY FOR "O"! Well, the docks aren't in at the Oak yet so I still have time. Surface temp probably isn't 40 yet.

Made a trek by there today myself. Saw a decent number of 'eyes, but more making their way in. Side channel saw 1 northern mixed in with some good size carp.

As a side note, as I was walking my way up the path, looked over to see a guy on the North side of the inlet casting. Worked my way over to the dam, watched the fish for a bit. By then, he made his way closer to me, but this time without the fishing pole. Asked him what he was fishing for ..."Nothing" he says. Walk back towards the parking area, he points out a nice 8 pounder near him. I look back a minute later to see him casting again. Got to my truck and called the TIPP line, eventually spoke to an EnCon Officer who called mre back. Gave him all the details, hope they made it down there as the guy didn't seem to be in a hurry to leave.

I have to say, if the guy is brazen enough to poach in broad daylight, can only imagine what he is doing at dark down there. He sure wasn't trout fishing.

Another side note, saw the bald eagle on its' nest, plus plenty of ducks on their migration stop.

Thanks Spinfly for calling the guy in, even if he was legit (doubt it). Your gut told you something was up, good job! I only wish more people would do the same. That's exactly what we need is to do and its a shame but we need to do our part to police each other. Can't let them ruin it for the rest of us. Problem is...The jerk will be back if they found him w/ no fish.

Hey, and if he was legit.... no problem then, just a friendly chat with the local ECO, who will know the face the next time he runs into him (if he hasn't already).

Kudos! and thanks for the run info too. Love to see it and will take my 1st and 2nd grader for a fish bio lesson.