NLT Derby transcient dock Seneca lake resorts...{sampson]

Yeah Stan I was out there today just looking around and the place is loaded with campers in the former overflow area and even in newer areas and there are a lot more cabins as well Looks to be very busy there this year. Thank God they paved the road coming in it used to severely threaten bearings and axels coming in there.

Edited by Sk8man

• 2 weeks later...

This use to be a very nice quiet place to fish and camp. when somebody has money they go crazy with development. this place is over developed now.  I saw the good old days of this park. its over for me. I camped and fished here 50 years. this is no place for a serious fisherman to fish out of. the trailer parking is terrible here. after May. its turns into a rat race of people and speed bumps. good luck to all who plan to use this place. 

As a group of fishermen, we camped there a few years ago.  We had three sights all next to each other and spent a week from hell there.  I hope they fired this clown that was working there because we were harassed endlessly by this cop wannabe.  On our first day, this guy rolled up, got out of his truck and said "Oh, there's definitely something wrong here."  We were doing nothing but finalizing our setups.  He took out a notepad and walked around writing down everyone's license plate numbers, for what, I have no idea.  We were not being loud or rude to anyone.  For the week, he continuously hovered around us, making us move vehicles that were parked just like everyone else's as well as numerous other unnecessary and very invasive things.

As a group, we have done this trip for over 20 years.  We have always gone up to The River and stayed at Wellesley Island but the guys wanted to try someplace different for trout and salmon.  No one has ever complained about us, hassled us or badgered us like this guy did.  In fact, several of the employees of the park up there enjoy joining us for dinner!  We are a pretty tame bunch and absolutely did not deserve to be treated like this.

I don't know what kind of little "community" this campground has evolved into, but it's clear that they consider this place a private enclave, outsiders definitely not welcome.

I have camped for all of my 65 years.  I'm no rookie!  I'll never set foot in this place again.

I think I know who you are talking about. when I started coming here. this place was a tight click. very good people. I made a lot of friends here. we had very good park managers too. when these people started passing away the click got smaller and different people started coming in. this park started changing about 20 years ago. the state sold this place out to private interest. all we wanted was to update the marina and put in a few seasonal campsites. the state wanted no part of this kind of development. they wanted first class or nothing. state campgrounds have there good and bad points about them. private camps keep out the outsiders like you said.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...