Chaumont bay snow walleye 12/11

Figured I would throw this up for the diehards. Fished chaumont bay out of long point on Sunday. Got 5 walleye to the boat all over 7 lbs. Biggest was 9.2. Had 11 bites. Water was 36.8. Also managed a bonus laker. Flicker minnow 9 on two color lead core in shad colors did most of the damage. Boat ramp was starting to accumulate patchy ice so probably my last trip out. Great end to the boating season!

E2CFF74F-EBFB-4FFE-9C9B-BC4707F57287.jpeg

3BBC25AF-68F5-4943-8CD5-A7F66FFE1322.jpeg

580E9934-543E-43C8-AC65-72D7BEB4A701.jpeg

E4979AF4-147E-4D02-A755-6EC417E35960.jpeg

• Like 12

I used to love to make the drive up to northern Indiana in the dead of winter when everything was frozen up to fish an artesian fed pond foe rainbow trout with cheese balls. my friend that got me into this and myself both had full beards. when we fished both our beards would be frozen into icebergs that took forever to thaw out. but we had so much fun doing this, and I didn't even like rainbow trout.

it takes guys like the op to inform other true sportsmen about good places to catch fish. the others will find out about these places one way or the other and still show up.

I fish Lake Erie and you wouldn't believe how tight lipped the people are about information to help others catch more fish. i mean there are so many fish in Erie that the state of Ohio never catches its quota that it's allowed to catch each year., we never even get close to what were allowed to catch. so, what is it going to hurt to share a little knowledge to help others catch fish. they don't have to share their location but the depth of water and what is catching fish at what speed wouldn't hurt them in the least.

• Like 1

Iv lived and fished here all my life and watched it go absolutely down hill since the hardware stores BS and every other social media bros posts. But yeah y would u care u don’t live here or care about the damage that has been done by all of this. Vultures that’s all u are pick and pick Until it’s gone then fly to the next carcass.

Walleye54 you’re really fired up dang makes me laugh. But hey if you want to head over to pickle outdoors on YouTube I made a video about the awesome day we had! Figured the least I could do is add some salt to the wound. Also can’t wait to pull a 10lb walleye through the ice and hang it on my wall!
We fish for fun and to provide for our families. If we can teach along the way that’s even better. The waters are public and the fisheries are amazing up here! Myself and all my friends are definitely going to take that into consideration and enjoy them as much as we can. And if you can’t accept the fact that all we want to do is help others then I don’t believe this or other platforms are a place for you. But hey Have a good day and great season sir! 

Edited by Dylon Bard
  • Like 4

No you guys don’t appreciate it you just take,never let the big ones go,over limit, leave your trash on the ice and shorelines don’t tip bartenders on and on and on then take off. I can’t even fish on the weekends anymore with my kids cause it’s just non stop driving around spooking fish cause there’s so many ****ing people GO AWAY!

35 minutes ago, Dylon Bard said:

Walleye54 you’re really fired up dang makes me laugh. But hey if you want to head over to pickle outdoors on YouTube I made a video about the awesome day we had! Figured the least I could do is add some salt to the wound. Also can’t wait to pull a 10lb walleye through the ice and hang it on my wall!
We fish for fun and to provide for our families. If we can teach along the way that’s even better. The waters are public and the fisheries are amazing up here! Myself and all my friends are definitely going to take that into consideration and enjoy them as much as we can. And if you can’t accept the fact that all we want to do is help others then I don’t believe this or other platforms are a place for you. But hey Have a good day and great season sir! 

the main reason I belong to fishing forums is to share information with other fisherman. I did belong to ogf where I got so much help from other people's posts. so, as I improved, I started posting to help other new guys to the sport. I'm proud to be able to share with others what I was doing to catch more fish. if not for reading so many posts on ogf it would have taken me many years to be where I'm at today.

4 hours ago, Walleye54 said:

Iv lived and fished here all my life and watched it go absolutely down hill since the hardware stores BS and every other social media bros posts. But yeah y would u care u don’t live here or care about the damage that has been done by all of this. Vultures that’s all u are pick and pick Until it’s gone then fly to the next carcass.

Doesn't look like the fishing went too far downhill to me, those fish are nice catches, and doubt he was fighting boats to catch them,,,the entire fishery depends on tourism and input "dollars" from fishermen from all places for the state to fund stocking programs. As long as the state has the funds the programs will continue for all to enjoy,,,just my 2 cents

• Like 2

Wow I guess he posted in the wrong forum. Yeah blowing up spots on social media sucks but chamount isn't a secret. Congrats on the stellar day of fishing, but I'd wait for 13# plus to get mounted from those waters. These guys need to chill out. Fact is half of them already parked there boats and are jealous you're still out there getting after em. Nobody gives J Legg a hard time after posting a successful day of walleye fishing. Dudes need to relax. Imagine if it was Yankees post everyone would be pumped up and congratulate him lol. I'm getting Facebook updates almost daily on the fishery up there. Guys need to quit complaining
Edit. Just realized it's only walleye 54 complaining lol

• Like 2

Appreciate everyone with the comments. Been living the north country about three years now and I can say everyone I’ve met out fishing has been great. This forum gave me a lot of information on techniques and how to catch some fish. This past summer especially with Ontario browns and salmon. I don’t always have great days but every time I fish Ontario I post on here. A little bit of information goes a long way and hopefully you all enjoy a good winter of fishing with family and friends. Again thanks to everyone who posts on here and happy holidays!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

One they don’t stock it’s a take fishery and tourist hurts it, I have been out my boat doesn’t get put away, and none of u would be up here if it wasn’t for social media. Kevin is as great fisherman but trust me if u got in his way where he fishes and I know exactly where cause I fish there as well all summer he’d be pissed. Anyways the vultures will keep picking and I’ll catch regardless I just have to work harder. 

On 12/15/2022 at 10:53 AM, Walleye54 said:

Ha 10 lber I’d have to build a whole other house if I kept every ten lb walleye Iv caught and mounted it. Anyways go somewhere else please so there’s fish left for my daughters to catch. 

if you're getting all those 10 pounders, what are you crying about. if you think fishing forums aren't for sharing info with others that love fishing, why are you even on a fishing forum in the first place?

I started fishing Erie back in 1980 and the fishing was awesome. it started going downhill when the zebra mussel took over and the numbers dropped but with conservation efforts the fishing is the greatest it's been since I started fishing Erie.

8 hours ago, Walleye54 said:

One they don’t stock it’s a take fishery and tourist hurts it, I have been out my boat doesn’t get put away, and none of u would be up here if it wasn’t for social media. Kevin is as great fisherman but trust me if u got in his way where he fishes and I know exactly where cause I fish there as well all summer he’d be pissed. Anyways the vultures will keep picking and I’ll catch regardless I just have to work harder. 

if the fish numbers drop in numbers, they will drop the limits to sustain the fishery just like they did on erie a few years back. now it's full of new walleye and the drop in limits has been removed.

On 12/15/2022 at 11:30 AM, Walleye54 said:

in 5 years when’s it’s terrible remember the conversation. The pressure on these fish isn’t sustainable I’m sorry I understand u don’t get it but u will.

Somehow the Bay of Quinte has managed to survive for decades, +10lb fish are common, and it has one of the highest fishing pressure in NA for walleye.  And locals are not overdramatic about it.