Chaumont bay snow walleye 12/11

5 hours ago, woody 184 said:

Maybe the administrator can toss this individual, also for someone with 8 posts seems like he’s a taker and someone we probably know which is even sadder…. Woody

Yeah so Im going to challenge you on that a little.  We all want free speech right?  Its a topic these days in the news at a larger level.  Hell I agree with the guy you are arguing against......perhaps not his approach.  However I also agree the OP has the right to post.  You don't like the flack.  Don't post.  You don't like the posts.....look away.  either way deal with it.  If you want to shut someone down because they have a (strong) opinion.....well consider how far that can go.

• Thanks 1

Gents. I posted on a fishing reports forum. Chaumont bay is 14 square miles. I can take a little local heat but it’s funny because I live 25 minutes from the lake. I posted the ramp I launched from (only one  not iced in) and I posted how I caught them. It took three years to build up to a trip this caliber. I’ve got thick skin and understand walleye54’s frustration because chaumont is a small town and there are people that take advantage of it. I post to give new guys a chance at leaning faster than I did, and the lack of reports up here other than the hardware store during ice. I’ve kept 6 walleye from chaumont this year. My family is having walleye po boys for Christmas Eve. I love this area and the multi species availability it provides. I’ve got a 16ft tiller and have limited chances at big water opportunities.      I’ve said it earlier but I have met so many good fishermen here from Syracuse to guys that make the trip from northern Ontario. Fishing should be fun and a pastime that is getting more and more lost. If my post helps an out of towner catch the fish of their life then great. There is a a saying out there that says 10% of fishermen catch 90% of the fish. I used to be out of those odds and thru this forum and learning tactics thru other means I’m at least catching some fish. They may not be record breakers but I’m proud of learning things and they were the biggest eyes I’ve ever gotten to the boat.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Outfishin444 said:

Gents. I posted on a fishing reports forum. Chaumont bay is 14 square miles. I can take a little local heat but it’s funny because I live 25 minutes from the lake. I posted the ramp I launched from (only one  not iced in) and I posted how I caught them. It took three years to build up to a trip this caliber. I’ve got thick skin and understand walleye54’s frustration because chaumont is a small town and there are people that take advantage of it. I post to give new guys a chance at leaning faster than I did, and the lack of reports up here other than the hardware store during ice. I’ve kept 6 walleye from chaumont this year. My family is having walleye po boys for Christmas Eve. I love this area and the multi species availability it provides. I’ve got a 16ft tiller and have limited chances at big water opportunities.      I’ve said it earlier but I have met so many good fishermen here from Syracuse to guys that make the trip from northern Ontario. Fishing should be fun and a pastime that is getting more and more lost. If my post helps an out of towner catch the fish of their life then great. There is a a saying out there that says 10% of fishermen catch 90% of the fish. I used to be out of those odds and thru this forum and learning tactics thru other means I’m at least catching some fish. They may not be record breakers but I’m proud of learning things and they were the biggest eyes I’ve ever gotten to the boat.

I only found one item in your post I'm not sure about. you say you only kept 6 fish this year. i don't know anything about the lakes depth or how deep you catch your fish. but walleye over about 30' have a very marginal chance of surviving being released, and the deeper the fish are the lower chance they have. don't get me wrong I'm not saying don't fish but just wanted you to know the effects of releasing them from deep water. I fish Eries central basin in water 70' deep and regularly release smaller fish that's not of legal length that was taken down 60' or deeper. but as long as the fishing is sustained by putting limits on the fish, I plan to keep fishing until I can't fish any more. I'm 71 now and don't know how much longer that will be but I am always happy to share my info with others. and I've got to give you a big KUDOES for your report and this post.

• Like 1

You shouldn’t have to explain your reasoning. For posting a fishing report on a FISHING FORUM…I never think to post reports kinda makes me want to more now. Ive never had social Media either. I take pics for myself..but I don’t hate on people who do...I’m all about helping others catch fish it really feels awesome when someone I help. Is stoked and extremely grateful for sharing infor.I’m not insecure about my abilities. There fish everywhere not just in one or two spots on a giant lake lol 

Edited by DaBinskyRules
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2022 at 8:53 PM, Mrm31790 said:

If people don’t like people posting reports maybe they should stay off the forum? 

Thats the irony of all this, a salty guy complaining about how too many people promote fishing online yet here he is visiting a site that does exactly that.

Gotta admire the guy's passion but man if a hobby makes you that frustrated then its not worth it dude.  Life is here to be enjoyed, you'll be dead soon I suggest you appreciate it a little more and look to the positives.