More CVA Paramount considerations

chowder

As I have detailed elsewhere, the Blackhorn 209 powder needed to make the long range loads for the Paramount is a pricey item as well as difficult to get shippers to deliver to non NY city NYS zip codes to which it can be delivered legally. However this is only one hurdle to being able to begin long range shooting with the Paramount. To effectively utilize the magnum charge of Blackhorn 209 you need to use the rifle with the variflame adapter style breech plug (not the 209 shotgun primer breech plug) that accept large rifle primers. If you do not hand load or reload you probably don't have any Large Rifle primers. If you don't have any YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET ANY and nobody knows how long this situation will persist. Fortunately I hand/reload so I'm ok but I thought that since I have discovered these things the hard way I'd pass this stuff on. A gun isn't much good if you cant use it for what it was designed for...

I found a lot of primers by doing a search online for them. but just about all were for 1000 which ran from 55.00 up and I didn't check shipping. I did find one place in Canada that had 100 for 12.99 but shipping might be rough. canadagunstore.com i think is their site.

I just bought the 45 caliber Acura v2 with some type of rust prevention coating with the long range barrel that is very accurate out to shots of 150 yards that I am capable of making any more. when i was in the marine corps i had no trouble shooting accurately with the M14 out to 500 meters. and with 150 GRNS of 777 pellets and the powerbelt aerotip long range bullets has all the range and accuracy I will ever need. but thank you very much for the update warning others of the drawbacks of owning the paramount.

• Thanks 1