Leadcore or copper

I have always used 10 colors of lead but now everyone seems to run copper. I would also like to know what benefits do you get from copper. Please someone explain the math between 10 colors of lead compare to ## of copper???

I have always used 10 colors of lead but now everyone seems to run copper. I would also like to know what benefits do you get from copper. Please someone explain the math between 10 colors of lead compare to ## of copper???

u get aprox 22ft down per 100ft of 45lb copper

10 colors of lead will not go nearly as deep as 300' of 45 lb copper. Foot for foot, copper achieves depth quicker. I also believe copper moves more in the water column than core. I junked all of my lead core rigs for coppers. I have 7 coppers in various lengths. They flat out produce fish. They are pricey but worth every penny.

Thanks guys I will save my money I mean copper for a new rig. I was told Penn 350 is a good choice for a reel? Of course I just bought a Penn 330 for my 10 color of lead. Do you have to get a spring tip and special guides for the rod?

Thanks guys I will save my money I mean copper for a new rig. I was told Penn 350 is a good choice for a reel? Of course I just bought a Penn 330 for my 10 color of lead. Do you have to get a spring tip and special guides for the rod?

nope no twilli tip or special guides needed

Thanks for the detailed info on what your set ups can handle in terms of lengths of copper and the release type and the boards you are using. I have just the old home made boards so I probably can't run what you guys a running in terms of length but will be fun figuring it out. Thanks again for the info. Coup