vacuum sealer recommendations

dremarquis

I purchased a Chamber Vac and will never go back to a food saver again.  I bought an Avid Armor chamber vac.  It runs around $369.00 and the bags are substantially cheaper than food saver bags!  

• 1 year later...

When I went on Avid Armor to check out models, I got sucked in by this "Magic Vac" made in Italy that they offered through their site. It sounded great and was steeply discounted. Over the course of a month it developed two issues. First, a burr showed up under the sealing element that began to burn holes in the seal itself.  This is something in the bar itself and isn't cleanable. It likely requires replacement of the entire element. Second, the vacuum began to release prior to the seal being tight. May as well have been using zip lock bags.

Bottom line is avoid Magic Vac. It appears that Avid Armor has discontinued handling their brand, and perhaps the reason they were discounted was because they're a POS. This opinion does not extend to Avid Armor itself, as I've heard nothing but good things.

Does anyone miss the almost unlimited size of the non chamber units? I am in the market too. 

prob not a normal issue but i could see a walleye fillet be tight fit in the chamber?

5 minutes ago, Smat64 said:

Does anyone miss the almost unlimited size of the non chamber units? I am in the market too. 

prob not a normal issue but i could see a walleye fillet be tight fit in the chamber?

I bought the VEVOR chamber sealer and I love it!!! I can fit a little bigger than a gallon size bag in there so I dont think a walleye fillet will be a problem, if it is cut the filet in half. I bet I can fit a whole chicken in the chamber

7 minutes ago, FISHIN' ADDICTION said:

I bought the VEVOR chamber sealer and I love it!!! I can fit a little bigger than a gallon size bag in there so I dont think a walleye fillet will be a problem, if it is cut the filet in half. I bet I can fit a whole chicken in the chamber

This.  Picked up Vevor chamber sealer back in November.  Used it to package 5 deer this year and operated flawlessly.  Very easy to use, different sized bags for different cuts.  I was trying to decide between this sealer and Vacmaster, but after some research, everything is made in China regardless of brand (was hoping Vacmaster was USA made).  Although it weighs about 60 pounds, I'll still be taking this to the boat each weekend.  Going to save a ton of time and money sealing salmon after they are fileted.  

Register with email, and save $80.

https://www.vevor.com/chamber-vacuum-sealer-c_10467/chamber-vacuum-sealer-bag-sealer-320mm-vacuum-sealer-machine-commercial-dz-260c-p_010745143510

I have one of the higher end food savers and it gets the job done.  I am, secretly, hoping it dies so I can get a chamber sealer.  I have used a commercial grade one a few times and they are awesome.  Only advice I have is dont get a cheap (non chamber) one.  I bought a highly rated, inexpensive one on amazon to donate to my buddies garage we process deer in every once in awhile and it was not up to the job.  She did 3 or 4 deer and lost her suck.

On 1/9/2024 at 11:01 PM, gbert27455 said:

Hello, I would like to ask how much the Avid Armor your wife bought cost? 

Donkey Kong

Have had the unit 3 years now and use it pretty steadily. No issues until a couple months ago had to replace the seal gasket but a simple swap out.  Don't know cost as a few years ago so check their site.  Obviously avoid the lesser unit that Gator has issues with.