Cayuga 5-6 5-7

On wed. Fished from King Ferry south, to three miles south of Milliken Twice, once deep , and once on the boards in short water. The short water program produced three perch. The fish where large. up to 13", but they where not trout.

On thurs. did two passes, same program, but longer range. Scored one small Bow.

Pretty dismal, water temp 44-45. No flow out of the plant , thus no temp change.

My buddy Chris, on Bite Me was fishing same times on Owasco, Scored big, with an assortement produced on the boards close to shore. Walleyes 4-6 lbs. Lakers several, with some larger ones in the 9-13lb.range, smallmouths 20 inch class, Largemouth 7lbs.

His temp there was 55 surface, I guess smaller lake heats up quicker, turns the fish on earlier than Cayuga, Just a guess!

I did happen to see a fish along the dock in four feet of water, which I thought at first was a large carp. In fact I mistook the spots of a very large Brown to be scales of a Carp. This Brown was in the 10- 12lb range He might be the only one in the lake. I hope I can take him in to meet Barney next week.

All in all, everyone keep there fingers crossed for some warm days to get these fish going for the tournement. Split Shot, I'm commin after you!

Chum Bucket