Soft Top

CDHC

• 1 month later...

As Misty mentioned, depending on where you are located. I had mine done just a couple years ago by Conneautville Canvas- 814-587-2755. Located in NW Pa. This is operated by the Amish and they did an absolutely superb job on mine. And I consider myself hard to impress. It was done for considerably less of what a factory soft top, for I looked into it. I have a 24' Penn Yan Contender. They did the top, new vinyl side windows, weather stripped around the front glass where it snaps into place. Along with heavy industrial zippered a travel cover that they double layered the cover that has any contact with any metals at all such as side rod holders. They split the cover in 3 places in the back where I have my rigger mount and then velcroed around the posts to prevent any rain or elements from getting in. All for less than $700.00- I highly recommend them for those who would travel-Think you will be well pleased. I do know however due to their work there is a waiting list.- Best of luck in whom ever you choose-Duane

I see that one of you fishes out of Mexico. I keep my boat at Mike's marina on the LSR. I was in the office the other day and saw that they had a sign for custom canvas work done in that area. Give Beth a call at Mike's (315 963 3119).I am sure she can give you that info. That deal that chinook mentioned sounded hard to beat. Especially that kind of craftsmanship.

Chinook,

I guess you had to take the boat to them for a perfect fit as opposed to shipping the old canvas to use as a template? Let me know. I will be in the market in a few seasons myself otherwise I will probably take it to the local canvas guy that Mike"s is recommending.

G.B.- you are correct in that I took the boat for them to size and fit. I did it however on the off season. They had it less than a week- I forgot to mention in my post that the price also included a travel boot as well. Simply roll the soft top up and wrap the boot around with industrial zipper and travel. Anyone who knows of the Amish know of their workmanship-Top notch I.M.O. -Duane

I'll have to give Beth a call. I heard about a local shop in the Mexico and Texas area that did custom canvas work. I think I was informed they are around the Rt3 & 104 split. Perhaps the same shop?

I agree Chinook's deal is hard to beat. That section of PA is quite a haul for me. Would take me longer to get there from home than from home to the lake. The Amish do very nice work and are extremely detail oriented. I live about an hour from Lancaster, PA. I know of a shop there which does custom exhaust systems. Friend of mine got a full stainless true-dual system on his Suburban, including stainless tips, for $250.