Gill-T Chowder in Rochester?

With the nice weather forecasted, muddy water in Niagara county, and the poor white perch dipsy bite being reported on Chautauqua Lake, Captain Andy decided to hijack me to Rochester and fish out of the Genny. Beautiful day to be out with zero wind to speak of. Many times it comes down to making the  decision of going left or right out of port to find fish. We chose poorly.  We went West out of port due to better water color and temps but found slow fishing tallying a steelhead and a brown fishing the 9:30- 2:30 timeline. We spoke to a boat that blew by us when we first pulled out of port. They had the hammer down coming from where we were heading. I mentioned to Capt Andy “that can’t be a good sign”.  We spoke to them at the launch when leaving and they zeroed West of port and clobbered fish East of port. Andy was feeling bad but I reminded him we were able to catch two fish in water they just zeroed on so we won the day….  Anyway, it was great to get out and fish water neither us had fished before. Time well spent with good company. 

C5F8A171-DF42-4683-A008-706157B0C389.jpeg

74776751-D92C-4790-9B3C-2E6A0AAC61DD.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 6:19 PM, Sk8man said:

I'm trying to figure out what that black box is with all the wires coming from it/cdn-cgi/mirage/a6715f998d4ca1079b98a593299bc22a89a30b98211d153e6d7f6f9e959afbce/1280/https://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/uploads/emoticons/default_emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

You can research my posts from a year ago if you want. I moved ( or cloned) all my wheelhouse screens to a rear station and at the same time added Garmin PanOptix. So I can interact with charter customers in the back of the boat and still have acesss to autopilot, throttle, downspeed/ depth, graphs etc