What Garmin Set up to buy

Fly n Fish

The question comes down to if you EVER want to put radar to the unit/system? If that answer is "No" then you can get away with an ECHOMAP model (7, 9, 10, & 12" screens). If you want that option then you'll want to look into the GPSMAP series (7, 9, &12" screens)

I can help you determine the right transducer for your boat as well. I just need to know what kind of boat you have. 

I work at Krenzer Marine and stock most of this. I will also have a large booth at the Niagara EXPO selling electronics and fishing equipment.

6 hours ago, Yankee Troller said:

The question comes down to if you EVER want to put radar to the unit/system? If that answer is "No" then you can get away with an ECHOMAP model (7, 9, 10, & 12" screens). If you want that option then you'll want to look into the GPSMAP series (7, 9, &12" screens)

I can help you determine the right transducer for your boat as well. I just need to know what kind of boat you have. 

I work at Krenzer Marine and stock most of this. I will also have a large booth at the Niagara EXPO selling electronics and fishing equipment.

Please put radar on your boat if you fish Ontario . I cannot believe the IDIOTS that leave port in a fog or get caught in one that are in small boats without radar . It's a death wish for you to be out there without radar in a fog . And it's not fun when I am looking at my radar and some IDIOT without radar is on a fast collision course heading towards my boat . You are also out there in Lake Freighter shipping lanes , they ain't stopping or moving when your little blip shows up on there screen . My million dollar question is , what's your life worth ? Less than 1,500 then skip radar . Mine is worth more so I have it on my boats .