Lowrance cable steer autopilot issues

It’s been hooked up to my original Point 1 that I installed with my Lowrance HDS gen2. I use the Gen2 for navigation,( Navionics),and a HDS Carbon for sonar. They’re networked together.  I have a new Point1 that came with the autopilot. I may install it and calibrate it to see if that helps. There’s not a lot of info out there, thanks for your help.

If you are using a P-1 that you had priour to the installation of the AP, this is your problem; the one that come with the AP is specifically to use with the AP. So,definitely thats going to cure the problem. 

And yes you absolutely need to do the calibration.

Edited by Andre wallyandre

Initial install was with the original Point1. Worked great all summer until Sept. and wouldn’t stay on course. I had installed the patch that Lowrance put out for loss of course software issues. May uninstall, reinstall with new Point1. Love the auto pilot, it q worked great all summer. BTW. I’m salmon fishing salt in Washington

It will only work better with the Point-1 that is specific for the AP. They didn't put 2 different part number for nothing.

The two versions, Point-1 and Point-1 AP have different software with different dampening characteristics. Point-1 is optimised for stabilizing the chart display and for radar overlay, Point-1 AP with much less dampening is optimized for autopilot usage.