In memory of my wife

rolmops

On December 27 , our 43th wedding anniversary, my wife Debra passed away after fighting brain cancer for over three years. On January 24th the flags at the medical center and the River Campus of the University of Rochester will be flown at half staff in her honor.

I lost a loving wife and the University lost a beloved and treasured dean. She left us too early.

Edited by rolmops
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

I'm so sorry for your loss! I feel your pain brother! I just lost my wife and best friend last September we were married for 39 wonderful years. The healing process is not easy for sure ,every evening I stare accrost the room wishing she was still here with me. I have found friends and family have been the best therapy for me.

I dread the thought of my wife going first. I would be totally. lost besides the grief and heartbreak of losing her. we just celebrated our 51st anniversary, on the 27th of December. we got married young she was only 16 and I was 20 and we have been together since the beginning. she is 67 now and not in great health because of her smoking most of that time. I am 71 and have had a few problems with my heart. I have 5 stints and had a valve replaced a few yrs. ago. so, either one of us could go first. she takes care of paying all our bills on her computer and I am pretty much clueless as to doing these things. all my heart problems were detected with activity of walking farther than normal which I am not really able to do anymore.

I can't even imagine what you are dealing with. but you and her family and friends are being prayed for. but most of all I pray you can deal with the grief or living life without her. if she has been fighting this for 3 yrs. know that she is at peace now. and know my heart goes out to you. I wish you the best in your life without her.

So sorry Cornelis. Life is very precious and sometimes we either forget that or take it for granted. Relationships are everything in life. May she rest in peace and you find peace as well.