Just bought a project boat

lrg355

On 2/28/2023 at 2:59 PM, lrg355 said:

20230228_144550.thumb.jpg.f041b131d55ff4561f5bc4897e9726ac.jpg20230228_144612.thumb.jpg.ffa82db5d4665d1a0e04d24f91adf7c5.jpgJust picked up the new motor for this project boat.  It's a good day!

what prop are you going to start with? you will get much better all around performance with a 4 blade prop. I think I would start with a rev 4 17p but if you don't want to pay for new check them out on eBay to see if they might have a like new used one for about half price. they also have a ton of other 4 blade props at great prices.

a 4 blade will give you a so much better hole shot, better handling in choppy water and in turns, and lets you stay on plane a few MPH slower than a 3 blade. the only drawback is you will usually lose a couple of MPH on the top end. but the trade off is well worth the loss on the top end. one prop I like is the Apollo 4 blade prop for a lot less money. I believe any of the 4 blade props will work if they use a hub kit just using a Yamaha hub kit. but I would make sure the prop will work before I bought it. I would go to eBay and do a search for 4 blade ss or aluminum propeller and see what comes up.

if you go new i would try to find a prop shop that will let you try a prop then return it for another pitch if that one isn't what you want.

Well my 96 is rated for 150 it has a 150 two stroke and a 9.9 4 stroke. handles that weight and power fine. It does have a 4 blade stainless and flies out of the hole. Good to know if I repower I can go smaller 4 stroke . Might have to pick your brain on a new motor if the old one acts up.The original two cable steering works fine for me so far. Bet you cant wait to start breaking the new motor in.

Hard to.beat the torque.of a 150 2 stroke.  Wont get anything near the hole shot or top speed  of  that with a 90 4 stroke, but all that will be forgotten when I pull up to the gas pump.

• Like 1

Tore the floor up today.  Lots of critters had been living there. Floor was 15/32.  Many people ask about the gas tank.  This is a plastic 24 gal.  Boat is an 1985.  The floor removed ended at the first wall at the transom.  There are covers there so l removed one.  Solid foam behind the cover.  There is a piece of plywood under it.  The edge is only visible.  Would be very difficult to replace. Has anybody done anything with that final piece of plywood?  Boat would not fit in the garage so l built a tent type cover.  Nice and warm in there.

20230309_173614.jpg

20230309_173603.jpg

20230309_173736.jpg

20230309_173617.jpg