Top Producing Spoons

I know this gets asked a lot, but I am getting ready to buy/paint some spoons for the upcoming season and would like to know what worked for everyone last year. Plus, this forum seems to be a bit slow right now. So give me your five "won't leave the dock without 'em" spoons. If there are some new ones that have piqued your curiosity, tell me about those too.

Edited by VanderLaan

13 minutes ago, VanderLaan said:

I know this gets asked a lot, but I am getting ready to buy/paint some spoons for the upcoming season and would like to know what worked for everyone last year. Plus, this forum seems to be a bit slow right now. So give me your five "won't leave the dock without 'em" spoons. If there are some new ones that have piqued your curiosity, tell me about those too.

Carbon 14

Angry Bird

NBK

Froggy Glow

Black Tuxedo

These were my top five last year.  

-Northern King - Purple Thunder

-Michigan Stinger - NBK

-Renosky - Hammered Gold 4 3/4”

-Moonshine - 5” Moonshine (white w/ 3  black spots)

-Pro King Magnum - Snow King

———

Adding a 6th because it was a tossup with this and the snow king. 

- Moonshine - Carbon 14

• 3 weeks later...

I fish for kings, coho, bows, so these are my go to lures looking for that mixed bag of fish.

- 42nd Spoon (Dreamweaver 

- UV Black Tuxedo (Michigan Stinger)

- UV Green Tuxedo (Michigan Stinger)

- UV Jagerbomb w/ copper Back (Michigan Stinger)

- Dancing Anchovy (Moonshine) ... this was my go to lure for years and would produce multiple hits every morning and often in the afternoon.  I bought and handed them out like candy and my fishing buddies called it "Ken's spoon".  But it got a bit tired about three years ago and the fish dont seem to hit it as much as they used to - or as some fishermen say, if you dont trust and use it, it wont produce and doesnt seem as good as the ones that you do use.