Anybody have experience repairing Cannon pedestal pivot mounts?

chowder

A pair of well worn Cannon pedestal pivot mounts were on the Crestliner SST Sabre hull I bought some years ago. I'm a lucky bastard that what happened yesterday didn't happen going down the highway and that is that the starboard side center pin/bolt that enables the upper assembly with the rigger mount and rigger to pivot around the base fastned to the hull broke clean off. I did order a new one because I might need to fish soon but I am wondering if the thing can be dissassembled and that bolt/pin replaced? If anybody has done this let me know and I'll rebuild the broken one and swap it out for the remaining original on the port side. Note: the starboard side pivot was way sketchier than the port from the get go but 'seemed' to be holding up ok...)

boats.jpg

I would Google a schematic for it and see if it is a replaceable part . Might want to break down any other bases you have like that and re- tighten using a light or medium grade lock tight . I have seen many cannon bases that are wobbly until I chastise the owner of the boat to repair them before everything goes to Davey's locker .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bozeman Bob said:

I would Google a schematic for it and see if it is a replaceable part . Might want to break down any other bases you have like that and re- tighten using a light or medium grade lock tight . I have seen many cannon bases that are wobbly until I chastise the owner of the boat to repair them before everything goes to Davey's locker .

Already went that route.Lot's o' schematics related to cannon and other downriggers and for that inexpensive cannon plastic low profile swivel but not for the aluminum swivel pedestal. I'll just tear it apart 'farmer style' and see what I can see. They aren't terrible at $110 apiece but it all adds up..