The offshore is setting up guys! Dropped in at about 80 fow off the bay this morning on a north troll. We ended up working 140-180 fow. 40 and 60' riggers with sliders and mainlines were active with teenage kings and a decent steelhead. Dumped one good one on the leadcore out 10 colors. Only one board line went with a coho. Had a bit of a dryspell from 8-9:30am and it picked up again. Ended up 4 for 9 (2 kings about 13-14lbs, 1 coho and 1 steelhead). All of the drops were kings that were starting to run or we fought for a bit, all seemed to be teenager type herky jerky runs. Great morning out there, pulled lines around 11 to head back in. Surface temps were in the 45-48 degree range, but fell to 39 in 200 fow.

Hans, we were inside of you. We did one 13 lb king in 80 fow then a small bow in 105 fow. That was it for us. We should have moved a bit deeped but stuck in the 120 ft. range when 3 boats went by us with fish on :( . At least one nice king in the bunch.

John

Great work, Hans! It sure pays to venture out deeper for the bigger fish!

I stayed behind hoping to find a trophy brown between front of I Bay and Webster Park. My 5# brown did not come close enough.

Tight lines.

John,

I must have gotten out ahead of everyone and could not see anyone inside, plus I was a just a shade East of the bay... anyway, things are looking up!

Anthony,

Not a bad strategy for the browns, you never know, one 10 lber was all that was needed... I was hoping for a decent steelhead offshore as well. Better luck next year for all of us!