Looking for a Victrola fishing box!

:lol: You try not to let it get anywhere close to the spool. It is a dynamic process always taking up slack as you go along so only the amount of copper needed to touch bottom is used at any one point if done right. You assess bottom by feeling the "tick tick" of the spoon  or the "wiggle" feel of a Twin Minnow.

Spent many hours on Cayuga pulling copper in the small Starcraft (3rd generation), such a productive and fun way to catch lakers.  A black/white twin minnow was my go-to, collected them along with Sutton spoons for rig fishing.  As long as the lure was ticking bottom you were in luck.  Trolled with my grandfather's victrola as a young kid, but was gifted a 3-spring model from Jens F's (RIP Jens) beautiful shop in Penn Yan many years ago from my parents and it is one of the most cherished gifts that I ever received.  The Jigging addiction took priority once the sharp zebras invaded Cayuga (plus my 4-stroke trolls a bit faster than I like), but one of these days I'll dust off the box and try again.  Glad to send you a couple twin minnows Joel if you want to try them out.  Have fun!

6 hours ago, Copperliner said:

Spent many hours on Cayuga pulling copper in the small Starcraft (3rd generation), such a productive and fun way to catch lakers.  A black/white twin minnow was my go-to, collected them along with Sutton spoons for rig fishing.  As long as the lure was ticking bottom you were in luck.  Trolled with my grandfather's victrola as a young kid, but was gifted a 3-spring model from Jens F's (RIP Jens) beautiful shop in Penn Yan many years ago from my parents and it is one of the most cherished gifts that I ever received.  The Jigging addiction took priority once the sharp zebras invaded Cayuga (plus my 4-stroke trolls a bit faster than I like), but one of these days I'll dust off the box and try again.  Glad to send you a couple twin minnows Joel if you want to try them out.  Have fun!

I would love to buy some twin minnows off you !! If you’d like to email me, my email is [email protected] and we can work something out!

For those folks wondering what the hell is a Twin Minnow. Here are some iterations. The black with the white belly was the most productive followed by the yellow translucent one. They originally came with a small treble. After losing fish from straightening out the small hooks I modified to SS triple strength (XXX) Siwash Salmon hooks 1/0 or 2/0 turned upward t avoid the weeds (and now zebra mussels)

twinminnows.JPG

Edited by Sk8man

Joel I'm sorry to have "hijacked " your thread. I still think the best chance of getting a high quality victrola may be the Watkins show if the guy is there....they are beautiful boxes. and I believe worth the money.

13 minutes ago, Sk8man said:

Joel I'm sorry to have "hijacked " your thread. I still think the best chance of getting a high quality victrola may be the Watkins show if the guy is there....they are beautiful boxes. and I believe worth the money.

No problem I’m loving seeing all the responses on the subject from anyone!

20 hours ago, Frogger said:

That green frog Les is near and dear to me… love that color

Yeah Mike I think I may have unconsciously hoping someone would say "I I have a bunch of these green frog ones if someone wants to buy them":lol:

• Like 1

I have two of my grandfather's victrola Riges and a bunch of the heavy flutter spoons he used.a couple are made out of pearl shells .Stuff is 80 years old and still works. It's a lot of work

I'll stick to my cannon down riggers

Still see guys on Canadaigua using them

• Like 1