Do we have loads of Yellow Perch at the start of the Saint Lawrence River. Last year was a no show of the perch at most clayton places

There are a lot more critical things involved than ice fishing. The sale of perch being allowed is the biggest problem. When money is attached to anything greed takes over. It is interesting how many of the people taking out perch to sell and those taking of all sizes believe that it is an infinite resource that can be hammered day after day without any repercussions or lessening of numbers... it resembles "magical thinking"

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

I almost forgot all the meat hunters in my Clayton area.  The 5 gallon fill the pails people. Neighbor extra restaurant sales. Different religious farmers with buckets. Tourists 

Oh well.  I limited to 5 fish. No big breeders. 8 to 12 " only.

My areacrashed right after central sewage system removed all sewage from upriver areas  There are no weed beds anywhere now.

Oh well.

59 minutes ago, cyclops2 said:

I almost forgot all the meat hunters in my Clayton area.  The 5 gallon fill the pails people. Neighbor extra restaurant sales. Different religious farmers with buckets. Tourists 

Oh well.  I limited to 5 fish. No big breeders. 8 to 12 " only.

My areacrashed right after central sewage system removed all sewage from upriver areas  There are no weed beds anywhere now.

Oh well.

No more "brown trout"?

I feel better knowing that"  The all you can eat perch each Friday ?, Are also all other fish cut down to perch fillets. 

Oh well   I will try to eat the jumbo Gobies.   Might be tasty ?   :o

I did a check on the invasive seafood....NEVER eat any Gobies  They eat the very toxic Zebra and Quahog muscles.

Edited by cyclops2