Sold / Closed CLOSED

yeah, the auto-stop feature has a silver metal plate with magnets and wires on it mounted right under the cable at the front edge of the rigger body that serves as the sensor and then magnets are clamped onto the cable in the appropriate position where it signals the drive motor to shut off when those magnets reach the sensor. I've never seen the kit for the auto stop sold separately to know if and how hard it would be to add to a rigger without it

On 3/12/2023 at 9:25 AM, sherman brown said:

how does the auto stop operate on the one with it? can auto stop be added to the 2 chrome riggers?

Yes it can. There was an add-on kit before Walker closed down.   I have Walkers with the auto stop and they work well. Tough compact simple riggers but they are tough on coated temp cable. 

38 minutes ago, Shakemsam said:

Yes it can. There was an add-on kit before Walker closed down.   I have Walkers with the auto stop and they work well. Tough compact simple riggers but they are tough on coated temp cable. 

Thanks. Yeah they're definitely tough, simple riggers that reliably get the job done and are pretty easy to maintain and repair. Bert's custom tackle still sells their parts and some riggers. I've run Walker electrics for about 15 years now and would still be running them this year except I'm switching over to manuals that I transport back and forth on our new boat. It seems my wife, daughter, and non-fishing friends didn't like having downriggers and rod holders in their way all the time when we would go pleasure-boating  : )

44 minutes ago, EarlyRiser said:

Thanks. Yeah they're definitely tough, simple riggers that reliably get the job done and are pretty easy to maintain and repair. Bert's custom tackle still sells their parts and some riggers. I've run Walker electrics for about 15 years now and would still be running them this year except I'm switching over to manuals that I transport back and forth on our new boat. It seems my wife, daughter, and non-fishing friends didn't like having downriggers and rod holders in their way all the time when we would go pleasure-boating  : )

If I went back to manuals, I would go Penn due to the depth dial.