Leader storage

What does everyone use to store pre tied diver/ cheater leaders?  Here is what I use.  They are tackle buddy leader holders customized with Velcro.  I cut them down some, screw the caps on  and add a piece of rope to hang them in the cuddy.  

8C3DA0BF-0B2F-4004-A735-4835DED49871.jpeg

• Like 1

I wrap them up neatly in a circle. Then take a piece of wax paper and fold it in half slightly larger than my looped leader. I then seal them with a iron. label out side of the wax paper then store them in a zip lock bag. Saves on space and keeps them from the uv rays.

I used a leader storage container made by lindy but it was too small of a diameter for my liking and imparted some memory into my leaders.  I now use zip locks where I have about a 50% chance of frustration free deployment. (less in low light conditions or when the fish are biting)

This thread is a reminder that I need to find a better solution for this season.  May give the "fat" pool noodle a try.

Love to see some other ideas.....

The wide pool noodles and I store them in an empty folgers canister one for each lb test keeps them protected and they store easy same concept as the clear tubes

Edited by ifishy

21 hours ago, luckystrike said:

For leaders and cheaters without hooks I just clip the snap swivels together fold them up around my hand and put them in a Ziploc bag. They never tangle and it's quick.

Sounds good!

I work at a company and we have a Hotwire that cuts foam. So I use 4”OD Tube and wrap my lines and stick swivels or hooks into foam. Picture  is my first one I currently have one in my boat now that’s about the length of a pool noodle and have it sectioned off with the different lengths and # Test 

7FABCBFA-7165-45E6-B190-E6A385DFDAD9.jpeg

I use a 12" x 8" polyethylyene sheet and cut a slit on the ends 3/4 of an inch apart. This allows me to secure the barrel swivel in one slit and wrap the line 

around to the slit on the other side and then push the hooks into the sheet. I use this for my worm harnesses and my leaders if I choose to run stick baits.

I can get 15 worm harnesses on one sheet but if it was just leaders you can probably double that number. They are all stored in a 16x9x3 Flambeau box.

I purchased the sheet from Grainger. The description is a polyethylene sheet 12in x 24in x 1/2 in thick plain closed cell item #20JL57. I cut the sheet to get 3 pieces

but you can cut it to whatever size you like.

image.thumb.jpeg.81ddfd2ad49461c49dc979076495f085.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.26215fde67a08d2051833044360afbf2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.594e7d1debf3dc6ea196a2a5ed392ea5.jpegH1.thumb.jpg.1d6106a45ea820609d4868d31613aae1.jpg