DIY Glow Box

I just thought I would share this. I don't know if anybody has tried this already. I was thinking of a way to charge my glow spoons instead of holding them to a light  before putting them in the water. I always felt that was never enough, and the spoons lost their glow quickly.  And with everything else that needs to be done on the boat, charging the spoons prior rarely happen, (I blame my mates, the kids, lol 😄😁)  

This is what I came up with.  I bought the LED light strips that have the battery pack, with a remote, and lined the top of my spoon box.  Now I can just hit the remote, and wherever my box is in the boat, the spoons will be charging.  It cost less than $20. I think it works pretty good. The last picture of the spoons glowing, the lights were only on for about 5 minutes. 

20230326_104923.jpg

20230326_105043.jpg

20230326_104951.jpg

20230326_105156.jpg

20230326_105622.jpg

• Like 1

Just curious how long you guys like to charge those baits up before sending them?  I usually just hold a spoon up to my deck light for maybe 20sec before washing it, and now i am second guessing how long its keeping its glow.  I burned a lot of the old painted spoons as a kid because i was never careful to get them off the rods when they weren't in the water.

2 hours ago, Ecto2 said:

Just curious how long you guys like to charge those baits up before sending them?  I usually just hold a spoon up to my deck light for maybe 20sec before washing it, and now i am second guessing how long its keeping its glow.  I burned a lot of the old painted spoons as a kid because i was never careful to get them off the rods when they weren't in the water.

I would do the same thing.  Never thought the glow would last. I would always try to put the box under a light before going out, but would forget while getting everything else ready. My last picture in the first post I charged them for about 5 minutes, and took the picture a couple of minutes after I turned the lights off.  I wanted to see how long they would last. They were still glowing strong a half hour later.