Fished three days out of Wilson with my brothers. By far the most boats I've ever seen around Wilson in the 5 or 6 years I've been fishing out of there, lots of charter boats. Typically we stay away from the bar to avoid combat but there were enough around Wilson to call it a "mild" combat engagement at times :o

It took us a while to get things going on Thursday but ended the day boating 6 decent fish with my eldest brother having lost a couple of good kings. 5 & 6 color cores were the best performer for us with the braid divers & riggers a distant second. Green spoons, mostly stingers, worked best for us.

Friday was a good day, we boated probably 8 - 10 decent kings, the biggest pushing 18#, and a fair number of smaller kings, coho's and steelies. We started the day with a double and ended with a triple. One of the triple kings jumped over the planer board and then back over it to avoid a major mess :clap:

Saturday we never really got things going before it got sporty and decided to call it.

We never strayed too far from Wilson, 100 - 150 fow was the best water for us. Tons of bait and fish although everything seemed glued to the bottom.

DAN

052009369.jpg

0508091301a.jpg

Yeah, moved to Freeville from Detroit in '77 actually. Liked it so much I decided to stay here after college. Close proximity to just about anything but still far enough away from everything ... if that makes sense.

DAN