Log your trolling presentation

For those of you who attended this year's salmon school at the Niagara Fishing Expo in February, the instructors emphasized the importance of logging your fishing trip.  Once you start building up a set of logs, you should continually study them to see patterns of what works and what doesn't for the various conditions and times of the season.  With this in mind, I created the attached PDF template for my boat configuration and wanted to share it in hopes that it would help others too.

Good luck!

Jim

image.thumb.png.bbb736e190535d361ff4dfdd8456bcaa.png

Salmon Fishing Presentation Template.pdf

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, marinecrafts said:

Looks good if you are running a 32' boat.

I disagree, I could run that spread on my 21 ft boat pretty easily. I think the only thing I would take out is the chute rod just because I only have an 8 ft beam. 

15 hours ago, Wargofam said:

For those of you who attended this year's salmon school at the Niagara Fishing Expo in February, the instructors emphasized the importance of logging your fishing trip.  Once you start building up a set of logs, you should continually study them to see patterns of what works and what doesn't for the various conditions and times of the season.  With this in mind, I created the attached PDF template for my boat configuration and wanted to share it in hopes that it would help others too.

Good luck!

Jim

image.thumb.png.bbb736e190535d361ff4dfdd8456bcaa.png

Salmon Fishing Presentation Template.pdf 480.54 kB · 44 downloads

I would call this post " cabin fever" lol,,,but thanks, pretty cool 

1 hour ago, marinecrafts said:

Looks good if you are running a 32' boat.

Granted, I have been doing this a long time, but I regularly run a 10-12 rod spread off my Lund Baron. Time on the water helps as well as understanding where your rods are fishing.

• Like 1

Not every rod would need to be run just log the ones you are running and this chart covers a lot of possible spreads this would be a great thing to turn into an app could even tie the location in through your phone GPS and mark hits

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ifishy said:

Not every rod would need to be run just log the ones you are running and this chart covers a lot of possible spreads this would be a great thing to turn into an app could even tie the location in through your phone GPS and mark hits

Ditto.... just what I was thinking

I use a simpler method of creating spreadsheet and log what i want on the boat.  During winter when bored out of my mind, I nerd out a throw them in Excel.  Easy way to compare year to year, lures, depths, spreads, weather, etc