1000 Islands Trip to Alex Bay

Went up to Alex Bay last weekend and had a lot of fun (as the family always does when we go up there). I caught this little fellas off the docks on 6 lb mono, nightcrawler & bobber.

IMG_2891.jpg

Actually (incase you couldn't guess), that is a picture of me with a replica mount of the World Record muskie caught right there up in the 1000 islands. Fish weighted just an ounce under 70 lbs!

We had a great time and it was nice to relax and do some pike/bass fishing. Here are some more pictures from our trip:

P1000195.jpg

Chad on the Docks fishing at the Riveredge... nothing has changed in 27 years of going up there.

IMG_2889.jpg

New boat houses (located near Pine Tree Point Resort)

P1000208.jpg

A BIG house on an island

P1000210.jpg

A SMALL house on an island (island is called "Just Enough Island")

P1000211.jpg

The famous Boldt Castle

P1000215.jpg

Right side of Boldt Castle

P1000219.jpg

Officially the smallest island in the 1000 islands. An island is an island when it is above water 365 days a year and has at least one tree on it. Who knew?

P1000226.jpg

"The Border Bridge"

P1000231.jpg

My only excuse for not fishing every waking hour while I was up there.

Say Hi to Kate! :inlove:

P1000235.jpg

Back of Heart Island (Boldt Castle)

If you ever get the chance... I'd highly recommend taking a trip up to the islands. Its a world class fishery and one of the most gorgeous places I have ever seen. Its no wonder our entire family makes it up there on a yearly basis.

Chad

Hey Phil -

Yes, did lots of fishing. The water was crystal clear and you could see lots of Pike swimming around in the shallows (5-10 foot of water or less). We got plenty of strikes but the only thing I could really manage to get were the small mouths. Lost a lot of pike unfortunately but that just serves as my motivation to go back up there and try again!

C

Chad , just an FYI , you can't legally fish for bass there. Catch and release season does not apply to the st. lawrence and lake Ontario & I believe jefferson Co. tribs. Bass opens there end of june. Nice pics, it is a great place but you gotta know where your going, easy to lose a prop or worse..I'll be there for the opener..

I used to scuba dive up there 2x a week, one time i was at about 20 feed drifting down a channel after a big dive (I was on deco) and looking down I saw this fish below me (directly over it in crystal clear water) about 12 feet, and said to my self WOW THAT THING IS LONGER THAN ME AND IT LOOKS LIKE IT'S A TIGER MUSKY AND HAS STRIPES AND A HEAD LIKE A TIGER MUSKY and in a blink of an eye it was gone. I'm 6 feet tall by the way. There are some huge fish in there, and the sturgeon are coming back fairly quickly.