Inline board and release for leadcore with braid

11 minutes ago, WISHIN4FISH said:

The smaller ones with anything up to a 7 color. Bigger ones for weighted steel, copper, or longer leadcores.

Appreciate it, I max out at a 7 color set up, did you feel they could handle a 7 okay?

Edited by BRsnow

58 minutes ago, WISHIN4FISH said:

In my experience they tracked well with the 7 color. Just the flag ran in the up position all the time. If the flag doesn't matter to you they will do good for you. After 7 color that's when I would bump up in size.

Thanks, the flag won’t bother me, hopefully I can tell if a fish is on:-) appreciate the help

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BRsnow said:

Thanks, would this be pretty manageable fishing solo ?

The Sams Pro releases are nice because they will release once a fish hits and you wont have to battle the board and fish in. OR-12 boards will handle a 7 color if you slide the weight all the way forward.

12 hours ago, BRsnow said:

Thanks, would this be pretty manageable fishing solo ?

I see no problem fishing this solo, but I've been at this since I was 6yrs old. Everyone's skill level is different. There are plenty of videos out there to show you how to run this set-up.

• 4 weeks later...

this year i have been experimenting with the offshore board with a walker bullet release on the front.  I took the snaps off and used the wire eye to attach it to the board.  easy to set easy to release and  so far is working better than the sams pro did for me.  thinking about trying it on the mag boards for the heavier lines.