depth raider or sub troll 900 ????????

You can't go wrong with either, both are super stable and super reliable. The only real difference between the two units is one has a digital display and the other has a big analog dial display, so it really boils down to personal preference.

I own a depth raider but I have been on multiple boats with the subtroll and they are both equally nice.

Tim

I was in your shoes last year. I was torn between those two and chose the Depth Raider. I am very happy with it and no problems at all to speak of. I am looking forward to getting back on the water for the first time, this season, next week. Good Luck with your purchase.

Fished with both, they are about equal IMHO. I have a Depth Raider based mostly on size of the display. If you have limited space the DR is smaller. Probe is also slightly smaller and gives a little less swingback on the cable.

DAN

Irish 56

Dan:

They may be the same to you, but there is no denying that you have an antenna at the rigger (electrical connection) that can be damaged or be troublesome & coated cable that if it becomes tangled with another rigger cable, will be compromised as the coating is peeled off. The coated cable is expensive & is thicker which causes a lot more blowback at depths over 100'. I have used my Fish Hawk to depths of 300' with no signal problems, & I don't think you can get coated cable that long or if the unit will even function with that much cable.

The Fish Hawk X-4 has none of these problems.

Just my two cents!

John

I was referring to the Sub-Troll and Depth Raider ... apparently that was unclear. No experience with the Fish Hawk. I actually wish the new X-4 had been an option when I was in the market for a speed/temp unit. New display is much smaller than the previous.

DAN

I was going to purchase Sub Troll but now you guys got me thinking. I live right in buffalo or suburbs and figured it was a plus being a home town company where you can walk in the door. I guess to each his own I will still keep debating :(