Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Opportunity to access the south end of Keuka for fishing. Keuka Lakeside Inn is offering free launching and a free slip when staying with us during April, May & June. Book on-line or call 607-569-2600
  2. Jakes and Harbor Lights Marina do allow launching, however they do not have parking available. As far as I know the only launches with parking are Keuka State Park and Penn Yan.
  3. Hey guys, this is "the motel guy"... Ron at Keuka Lakeside Inn. Heard there was a bit of discussion on here regarding launching at the south end of Keuka and thought I should provide some details. Yes, we did close our launch effective May 20th. That decision was made over 1 1/2 years ago and we tried to communicate to those using our launch during last season, certainly didn't get to everyone. This was a hard decision since we were the only option of the south end, but we needed to focus on our hotel guests. The fishermen were not the reason for closing, more the 40-50 boats launched on a Sat or Sun and all the congestion that causes for the guests. The fishermen were great and very respectful of our place. We did notify the Town and DEC over 18 months prior to our closing in order to provide time for them to work out something. Unfortunately it looks like they are not much further along than when we notified them. The solution is really easy since space is very limited and Champlin Beach area has a water depth issue. I would encourage all of you to email the Town Supervisor at the Town of Urbana and let him know how important access is at the South end. Thanks to all of you who launched here over the years, I will miss talking with you.
  4. Just wanted to clear up the rumors...I am the new owner of the motel and boat launch in Hammpondsport, soon to be called the Keuka Lakeside Inn. Thanks for getting the word out and hopefully you will spread the word to clear up the confusion. I am going to repair the launch as soon as I am able to obtain the required DEC permits and coordinate the work. Your patience until then will be appreciated. Also, the cost to launch will be remaining at $10. I look forward to meeting each of you at the lake.
  • Create New...