Jump to content

Squad41

Members
  • Posts

    48
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Squad41

  1. I am also going to be fishing this area for the first time later in August. It looks like from the map that if you need to get to deeper water to find temp that it is a shorter ride out of Oswego to get there? Or is it still better to start in Mexico and work your way out?
  2. Again this site and the info you all provide is such a help. I’ll keep checking here and let you know how I do! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  3. I might take you up on that again appreciate the help. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  4. I really appreciate the help, flying blind but have to start some how so this really helps.
  5. I know ill be there a while from now but generally come out of the river and head north to the dunes, start in 90-100 FOW and work deeper?
  6. For week days would you still say go out of Pines Grove, how long a ride to the dunes out of Mexico with a boat my size (17ft)
  7. Thanks this site has been a big help! I'll keep checking this thread as I get closer to getting up there.
  8. Where would be the best place to launch to get to the dunes. I'll be fishing Aug 21-25 and never fished this area before so I appreciate any help. I have a 17 ft Lund with a 90HP so not too big.
  9. Where would be the best place to launch to get to the dunes. I'll be fishing Aug 21-25 and never fished this area before so I appreciate any help.
  10. Thanks to all on this site has been a great help! I plan on fishing Mexico Bay August 20 - 25, never fished there before usually fished out of Henderson. Any pointers as best place to launch and best place to start would be appreciated. Thanks!
  11. Thanks I will have to wait till next year I am done till then
  12. barrow the trench is north of Stoney Point outside Henderson Harbor
  13. I have been fishing the trench last weekend and coming up this week. We caught 6 fish in 3 days. I trailer my boat and wanted your thoughts on whether I should launch and fish in a different area for better fishing.
  14. Thanks for the responses, it looks like most of the Spring King fishing is at Rochester and West. Question, I have a 17 ft Lund with a 90HP how far out would I be going in the Rochester / Olcott area and would the size of my boat be an issue in this part of the lake. Usually fishing in the Trench if the lake gets bad I don't have far to go to get out of the rough stuff. Also I would welcome recommendations of good charters in the area as I probably would book a trip before going on my own. Thanks!
  15. I never fished that area before, I assume more spoons than flies in spring? What depth of water should I focus on?
  16. Fairly new to LO fishing, mostly fished the trench in August and early September. I would appreciate any help in trying for Kings in the spring. I trailer my boat so going to others areas will work. Any help will be appreciated as LOU has been a wealth of info for me.
  17. If they are still here when I go up they are yours no problem
  18. I just finished my last weekend for Kings last week, the soonest I would be back is maybe spring
  19. These two units are in great shape with 2 foot booms, I also have the original 1 ft booms and one oar-lock kit to mount in an oar lock. One unit has a hairline crack in the housing but this never functionally presented any issue in performance. Both have about 80 ft of cable. New with 1 ft booms these were $90 each will sell both with 1 and 2 ft booms for $65 plus whatever cost is to ship to you.
  20. I have two manual Walkers with 2 ft booms insteak of the 1 footers that came with them, I also have one clamp for an or lock. I have used these with up to 8 lb weights down to 80 feet. At 80 ft it does get a little tiring but it works. You are welcome to them for whaterver you think is fair plus shipping.
  21. finsntins - We are going to start in Henderson on Thursday and see how it goes, fishing through Sat so I will keep checking here and maybe move Fri or Sat Thanks for the reply
  22. Fished the last three weekends in the trench out of Henderson. We picked up a few kings, marked a lot of fish but in general it has been really slow not just for me but most of the boats in the area. I can trailer my boat and am going up again this weekend and looking for any suggestions on where else I might try and launch and try to get into the Kings. New to this board, appreciate all the great info I have gotten so far and thanks for any help!
×
×
  • Create New...