-
Posts
1,586 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by zach
-
Ronix- go a head and tie direct to your flouro as long as your bait doesn't spin you'll be fine for casting. Actually do that will make your tip-top last longer since you aren't always banging your swivel up against it. As far as trolling, it is recommended to use a huge ole swivel b/c this will catch weeds all summer before they make it to your bait. Use a double uni-knot but tying 80lb flouro to braid can be fun. When I do this it is tough to use more than more 3 turns on the flouro end of the knot. Good luck bud!
-
Thanks for doing that Ray ! It helps me out all summer dealing with them.
-
Good job Solgrande! Don't forget about Ray J also! You guys rock and little Colton will grow up fishing the best musky lake in the east b/c of everyones support. Great job and let keep it up!
-
MuskieGuy's April Lure Profile! Baker Baits!
zach replied to zach's topic in Musky, Tiger Musky & Pike (ESOX)
No but I have a gentlemen running them for big lakers. I can't wait to see the pics! -
MuskieGuy's April Lure Profile! Baker Baits!
zach replied to zach's topic in Musky, Tiger Musky & Pike (ESOX)
Old Man- ever get a pic of that fish? I have only heard about it. Good to see you back on here! -
I am so excited!!!
-
Nitro will himm and hahhh about this responsibility and that responsibility. Tell the ole lady and your clients, "Ohio or bust- See you in a few days"! I am trying to fish Friday to Wednesday outta state! Bob- I will save you a seat. It will be ah, straw, straw, shoot to see who's up first when the rod goes off. 6 baits in the water is my sort of fishing! If it was up to me I would have 48 rods hangin' off my boat and one in the propwash just for good measure. Making one trolling pass to cover the whole lake,lol!
-
My buddy Bob from Ohio sent me these pics this morning of some fish he got on my baits! Look at this nice 50" musky! He got these on Firetiger. The absolute last color I use and everyone gives me crap about not using it. I might be missing some fish by not using that color, I just think everyone and their brother is running it. I did have one Firetiger color in my box last year but I think I sold it. Damn firetiger.
-
MuskieGuy's April Lure Profile! Baker Baits!
zach replied to zach's topic in Musky, Tiger Musky & Pike (ESOX)
Uh- I can talk to the guy that makes them and see how busy he is. I will talk to him later today I think. How about a chartreuse or white tailed, white belly perch or something like that for the opener? -
Proposed Otisco tiger size limit
zach replied to Second Chance 22's topic in Musky, Tiger Musky & Pike (ESOX)
I would drive to a place that is known for trophies. Make it happen! -
MuskieGuy's April Lure Profile! Baker Baits!
zach posted a topic in Musky, Tiger Musky & Pike (ESOX)
If you guys have a second take a look at this. http://esoxeast.proboards.com/index.cgi ... hread=1087 Pretty excited to do this! -
N.Y. MUSKELLUNGE REGULATIONS
zach replied to Stinky Finger's topic in Musky, Tiger Musky & Pike (ESOX)
Fish out all the pike and put in pures! -
N.Y. MUSKELLUNGE REGULATIONS
zach replied to Stinky Finger's topic in Musky, Tiger Musky & Pike (ESOX)
For me- trophy waters- 54". All inland water-50". I support that. -
Chautauqua Tourney Early Bird Net Drawing
zach replied to mostlymuskies's topic in Musky, Tiger Musky & Pike (ESOX)
Good to see people are signing up. Remember there will be a fundraiser for a foiled bait from me. Guess the size of the winning fish and which end of the lake it will be caught on and you win if you enter. Money will go to the fishery and you get a plug for only a couple of bucks. Win/win situation if you ask me. It will only cost a few bucks to enter but if everyone enters we can make some $ for the future of muskies in NY. Imagine if 125 people each put down $3 buck for the chance of winning a foiled perch lure. It would ROCK, do the math, 125 x $3! Sounds good to me! -
Come on Bob! Here are some more I am bringing down. Also, your boy is being profiled on http://esoxeast.proboards.com/index.cgi ... hread=1087 about bait making. Take a look and leave a comment. Thanks.
-
Come on Bob- six lines is how I'd like to roll! Baits everywhere!
-
Bob- if you would split the cost of LSC with Bob Mignano and me we might be able to make it a reality. They won't let me into Canada so its the long way around if I go. Brad, it looks like I am fishing Ohio and PA but is there any way you could get down mid week?
-
anywhere local to get some decent gear?
zach replied to Ronix 51's topic in Musky, Tiger Musky & Pike (ESOX)
Ronix, if you can give me a week to get supplies I can make all of your leaders for cost. Nothing locally for good snaps or swivels as I have looked everywhere. Mail order baby! Only stringease and heavy swivels for me. -
I am all about your coffee maker in the morning! Making some baits to go down!
-
Larry- need a place to stay, I live about 20 miles away but have a monster 3yr old to deal with. Let me know.
-
Larry turned me on to this- its all about barometric pressure changes. Pressure changes trump moon phases anytime but on a day with no wind shifts or barometer changes then I think moon times become more important. Watch the barometer and this will show you when things change. If a t-storm comes in usually you get a change in pressure and the fish will often feed. Because they fed heavily, the next day or two may suck for fishing but it will return. If a cold front comes through it may shut the fish down for even longer b/c of temp changes. Similar but different. Have fun trying to figure this whole thing out.
-
What did you guys get for this coming year?
zach replied to zach's topic in Musky, Tiger Musky & Pike (ESOX)
Nitro- what are you getting? I might need something? What are the choices? -
Chautauqua Tourney Early Bird Net Drawing
zach replied to mostlymuskies's topic in Musky, Tiger Musky & Pike (ESOX)
I was just added to the drawing for the net! -
I just talked to my PA connection and it sounds like I have something in the works where I can do all this fishing and not need to bring my own boat. I know Solgrande will be way too busy to go with all the upcoming singles mingles and all of the women he is currently dating so I can cross him right off the list.
-
Larry, you will find a musky fisherman at your door by 1pm. I am sort of toying with the idea of taking my own boat but I am 50/50 on that right now. I am thinking about an extended trip maybe? I know I can have a few guys from Ohio take me out also if I decide to stay and don't bring a boat but drive separately. I can tell you that I am getting PUMPED UP about going fishing this early in the year! Hopefully I will become a member of Ohio's Husky Musky program after this trip! These are a few of the ones I am making for Ohio and PA where shad are the most common musky food. I personally like the black foil shad best out of these and the orange second. Nitro- is the third week of April too early for you to go to Cowanesque?
