-
Posts
190 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by mikejonestkd
-
looking for input on a new boat
mikejonestkd replied to mikejonestkd's topic in Open Lake Discussion
-
looking for input on a new boat
mikejonestkd replied to mikejonestkd's topic in Open Lake Discussion
thanks for the replies. I'd like to be in the $40-60K range for a new boat. I recently went to seager and did a side by side comparison between a 1800 lund explorer and an 1875 fisherman. The 25" transon, deep V hull, and deep cockpit depth of the fisherman really made a difference, but its too heavy to tow.... -
looking for input on a new boat
mikejonestkd replied to mikejonestkd's topic in Open Lake Discussion
-
Good day all, I have recently retired and am looking to get back on the water for salmon trolling next year. I do have a good amount of experience fishing Ontario years ago with my father in a 16.5' long x 72" beam x 20" transom aluminum boat, knowing that we had to very carefully pick and choose the days that we could venture offshore. It was ok, but far from ideal. Now that i have the time i want to get back out there, but I have one constraint - my tow vehicle is rated for 3500lbs, so larger boats are out of the question. I'd like to max out at about 2800 lbs total weight for boat, trailer, gas and gear. I am looking at boats like the lund 1800 explorer sport and similar ones from crestliner, lowe, and alumacraft. I really only need room for 2 or 3 people in the boat. So, i have two questions: 1. if i am careful and pick my days to be out on the water, will I be OK in an 18' boat? since i am retired, I am OK with calling a trip off and going later that week if the lake is uncooperative. I only live 15 minutes from sandy creek. 2. what would be a recommendation for a decent boat that may be overlooking in my search? Id rather have a top quality boat that is just right sized with a great layout, than a bigger boat of questionable reliability/ quality many thanks mike
-
-
Happy New Year everyone. I have learned alot from this site and appreciate all the great info that everyone shares. Hopefully 2009 will be a better year for me to get out on the water than 2008 was...dang I need a new boat!!!!!
-
we took a trip off of Barcelona on Sunday in my brother's starcraft Islander and had a great time in 80-90 FOW west of the harbor. The best action seemed to be 45-60 feet down. We mostly used worm harnesses off of lead core, riggers and dipsys. We ended up with a cooler of 'eyes and a bonus steelhead caught off a watermelon NK about 40 feet down. Must have had 30+ fish (' eyes, perch, and bass) on over the course of a few hours in the morning, landing over 20 of them.
-
Jax Report May 13th
mikejonestkd replied to Jax's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Great to hear that the browns are active. Sounds like a nice day to be on the water. -
For sale: One Northern King wall display board. Dad bought it probably 10-15 years ago, and it was already old then. 41 spoon blanks mounted. $50 firm PM or email me at [email protected] SOLD May 24th
-
For sale: Two used rods and reels, they spent more time catching dust in my garage than they did in the boat. Almost brand new, reels have a few scuff marks. One year old, bought for flatline shallow water trolling for spring browns, probably used two or three times. Rods: Shakespeare Ugly Stick Spinning rods, model SPL 1100 7'0" Action medium, (6-15 pound line) They were $29.99 when new Reels: Shimano Sahara 4000FB spinning reels, with spare spool, and box. Currently spooled with 20 pound fireline and 15 pound flouro leader. They were $59.99 when new. $55 each or both of them for $100. PM or email me at [email protected] Located in clarkson/brockport
-
I have two seth green rigs for sale: rods: 8' South Bend Catfish special. Med/ Heavy action Model number CF-376 Reels: Plfuegger Pakron 3180 reels with 40 pound mono and swivels spaced every ten feet. Included with each rod are 7 lead weights of various sizes- ranging from 17 ounces to about 40 ounces each. They are used but in excellent condition, with a few marks on them and the foam grips have rod holder marks I am selling them for my dad,who has packed up and moved South. $50 each. The reels alone are usually that much for collectors.... PM or email [email protected] SOLD May 24th
-
count me in....I am now 'boatless in Brockport' since my father moved away and took the boat to S.Carolina
-
LOC DERBY 2007 ECONOMIC IMPACT REPORT
mikejonestkd replied to REELJERKS's topic in Open Lake Discussion
I know how lucky I was, with dad paying for the boat, trailer, tow vehicle, insurance and half of the tackle....All I had to pay for was 4 riggers, 8 rods, line, spoons, dodgers, flashers, flies, trolling motor, and gas. With him moving I am feeling the need for a boat of my own and I am sure that I'll be spending a huge amount of money soon - perhaps in 2009 or so....just don't tell the wife!!! Till then I'll make do with whatever I can to get on the water. -
light green? Dark Green? Hunter Green? Mint Green? or this green: :mrgreen:


