My question is would pike prefer perch or gobies because while everything eats gobies the abundance of perch to the point that there is no daily limit makes me wonder what which one they would eat
I caught my personal best pike on a green pumpkin blk flake in the erie canal i got stuck on a rock and it unsagged me swam towards me so I thought I had a rock bass and got it towards the dock and it swam the other way and after a brief battle got it in the net and kept it in the net in the water for 10 minutes until my friend came with my scale and tape measure it tried to burst out to at these minnows jumping around otherwise didn’t even care and after i revived it for 5 minutes it swam off slowly not caring about anything
For me i found most of my success casting out a senko to imitate a dead fish and let it sit there and use spoons or spinners which brings me to another question should i use my daredevle or my booyah pikee spinnerbait color perch
Oh yeah by the way due to me being fascinated by pike,pickerel, and muskies I believe i know where to go at Conesus during late ice but not 100% sure so am willing to share
I use steel leaders but my problem isnt hooking them but the right location is my problem and was wondering if anyone had any shore spots on canadice that i could get a pickerel with ideally on a wacky worm which is what i got my one and only pickerel on
The weedbeds are not against the shore but somewhat out also was wondering if there was a specific area for pickerel going to lodge in a few days and went their friday with a friend in his boat and got 6 lmb and 1 rock bass 1st had giant pickerel bite-mark on him though
I have a question about two different senko colors which are perch and goby and I know with a goby senko i will get a lot of smallmouth but was wondering which color you guys think would work better for pike
also if anyone wonders get cheap steel leaders prevent bite offs and bass dont care about the swivel i saw bass go for it in crystal clear water
I got my one and only out of canadice but people say hemlock is known for big pickerel 4lbs plus and was wondering if they’re any that size in canadice or honeoye
Does anyone know what part of hemlock to go for the big pickerel its said to have? Also some tips on big ones in canadice and honeoye would also be appreciated