Jump to content

Big fat pike

Members
  • Posts

    301
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Big fat pike

  1. Nice and glad to see the even with it flopping around the boat it managed to be released i had a 34" not make it after flopping around but its also great to see they are reaching the 40" range there
  2. I didnt vote for them but what is also happening up in blind bay in the islands shows they really either dont care about the fisheries which is upsetting because its a huge part of our economy
  3. Went with a buddy in the in Lowes Fishing Machine 1675 Boat in the islands last year and it held up fine and and maxed out with everything including the trailer the boat would come up to $37,000 maxed out and new and is also small enough you could get in hemlock though you could only use the trolling motor
  4. So i am going on a trip to Hastings in a couple weeks and was looking for a small spot nearby (within 20 minutes)to fish for pike from shore the area is near the sunoco by the saab parts store 1982 US-11 Hastings, NY 13076 United States
  5. And the rod description says the rod guide sizes are size 6 what does that mean
  6. Alright what about sizing for rods you dont have yet
  7. Ok thx so the ones i run currently are too small and the material the bead is made of doesnt matter and is harmless as long as its too big to even partially fit in rod guide Thank you solves my paranoia with these new rods which material i get would depend on whether I want the fish to see it as an attractant, look like lure is wounded and chasing it, and extra weight bonus
  8. I was worried about just buying regular old beads even when they are large enough still damaging the eye which is why i have been so concerned
  9. I use them on all my rods and usually fish snags occasionally use trout fishing , fish the snags and i am a person that likes to have something and be set on it and not have to worry about running out
  10. Do you know what material those beads are made of so i could buy a 1000 pk from somewhere else
  11. Am yet to use a bead that large Will give a try on a rod in case the beads i was using was too small though that was what i was doing
  12. I know some people use beads to protect their rod guides from swivels and clients reeling up swivels and lures to the rod guide and was wondering what beads you guys use because despite using beads I guess the ones I was using weren’t big enough to not damage the guides itself
  13. Doubtful would contact the dec for info you ever notice some of the creeks in the north end turn completely black because of all the bluegills during throughout march & april also do you have footage of pike making it over the dam
  14. They got a camera as well
  15. In perry
  16. Silver lake has ice
  17. I would try https://www.ownerhooks.com/product/single-replacement-hooks-4x-strong-2/ 6/0 for replacing
  18. What size are the trebles on those lures
  19. Nice fish sucks they died it always sucks when a big fish dies
  20. Look at Arizona what a joke but dont blame me I voted for zeldin that being said just keep voting eventually liberals will leave and we will be able to vote them out also congrats to Desantis
  21. I think it was ridiculous that the rainbow decline in hemlock stopped the walleye stocking but they should raise it back to 2
  22. I was wondering if anyone else here was big in buying Made In USA and starting a Made In USA Tackle and Equipment List
  23. You mean when which candidate is leading changes the morning after even though they said they were done counting for the night
  24. Cant go wrong with a daredevle my guess would be weed edges 8-10ft but thats just a guess based on what I know though
  25. A buddy told me that the fall pickerel bite on Hemlock has started right about now though I have nobody to go out there with because of my schedule
×
×
  • Create New...