Jump to content

Big fat pike

Members
  • Posts

    301
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Big fat pike

  1. Never even knew they were in there thought there were only regular carp unless they stopped putting them in
  2. Never seen a grass carp in there also the back ground doesn’t look anything like either ponds besides the island still a nice fish
  3. Thx and advice in terms of what part of the pond. Im at a loss in terms of what part until they clear out a bunch of the weeds in front of the gazebo creating 2 weedbeds
  4. That sounds more like the 2 ponds by unity hospital
  5. Largemouth Bass, very few smallmouth caught one myself pike, carp, crappies, bluegills,perch and have been told catfish
  6. Does anyone have any advice for the pike in the Greece Canal Ponds. I have seen lots of them including a 30+” swim up right by the gazebo and had one attack a carp I hooked but I only have caught 2 within the past two years and was wondering if anyone had advice in terms of what part to fish and lures besides a daredevle or a way to fish them weedless especially for the big ones
  7. I was hoping to get in there at some point by boat
  8. I tried there once and got snagged first cast
  9. It was my buddies fish not mine
  10. Hemlock was frozen solid didnt go out because nobody else was out there hit conesus few bluegills and a 35” pike
  11. Thats just at the north end. You can only shore fish the north end but there are buoy things that you can see any part of the lake south if that you can fish. Im going out today
  12. South end would be better presuming they go into the same pre-spawn cycle as pike but Canandaigua is too far especially with gas prices If i managed to get out there though what areas of either end should i hit specifically
  13. Not impossible there have been pickerel identifed in parts of Lake Ontario
  14. Never heard of a pickerel being caught in the bay
  15. Does anyone use horsehair worms for bait and have luck with them. I know what they are(and they terrify me) but i was wondering if anyone has had any luck with it especially if they do well with crickets and grasshoppers
  16. Lol if bill a416 passes I’m probably gonna get put in one of those camps for being unvaccinated
  17. What brand makes the best cigar shaped float that you can slide and use a pin to peg that are cheap and you can buy in bulk
  18. Well guess your going to wait 75 years to find out
  19. Wonder what
  20. Guessing the big ones ate the average sized ones
  21. Totally agree though I think slot limits would be something to focus on first as it would help a lot more species of fish
  22. After seeing several big fish people have taken home to eat I think we should start a petition for slot limits as the removal of the big females really hurts the fisheries
  23. I have been to the conesus inlet several times but the only times I saw the pike successfully jumping over the dam I didn’t have my phone so I was wondering if anyone had footage of them successfully jumping over the dam
×
×
  • Create New...